TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Five Oh B goes racing.

Five Oh B

Five Oh B Wow great times looks like you got her hooking up. Are you running street slicks?

Thanks. Hooking up & launching hard makes a lot of difference in drag racing, so I've really been practicing on that end of the track most. I run BF Goodrich 275/40/17 drag radials. They seem to work great with a short burnout in 2nd gear, and set to 18 psi. They grab hard without having to resort to a true slick.

I've got Nitto 555r D/R's on now! 305x40's. :happy feet:

Boost? I'm with ya. Only thing I'm worried about is my next car! I'm used to having this much h.p. It won't be easy going backwards.

Next car? Something we need to know? You aren't thinking about replacing the Rufstang anytime soon, are you?

Brian - what kind of A/F ratio you running?

I'm at 12.4 across the band. You can smell the unburned fuel at the exhaust! :hysterical:

If you think you're running rich, you oughta take a whiff at my tailpipes. At WOT I'm running a safe, rich A/F ratio of 11.0 to 11.6 (gets leaner as rpm's climb, but no leaner than 11.6 at redline). As my GT is a daily driver, it is an uber-safe tune. I could likely make much more power with a more aggressive tune, but I don't want to risk putting a hole in a piston or sending a rod through the block.

Very clear vids, how do you mount the camera?

I love that station wagon ahead of you in vid #1!

That station wagon ran all day. Never did see how fast (or slow) he was going, but it wasn't fast. Consistent probably; fast - no.

I made my own camera mount from a black plastic cutting board. Drilled holes to mount it to the headrest posts and mounted the swivel head unit from a mini (tabletop) camera/camcorder tripod. I use a JVC hard disc drive camcorder that has some sort of anti-shake technology, too, so that helps in keeping the bounce to a minimum....

P9220008.jpg

P9220005.jpg

I had some time to kill, so I took my last timeslips and plotted the time & speed on a graph to extrapolate time to speed across the whole 1/4 mile. Interesting results, especially when you compare to a bone stock GT automatic. The 1/4 mile for my GT is 12.3's @ 111+ mph, whereas a stock GT automatic is about 13.6's @ 100 mph per Motor Trend's first road test review a few years ago.

My '07 GT automatic with drag radials (stock GT in parenthesis per Motor Trend test)...

0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds (5.1 stock)

0-70 mph in 4.8 seconds (6.8 stock)

0-80 mph in 6.2 seconds (8.6 stock)

0-90 mph in 7.9 seconds (11.0 stock)

0-100 mph in 9.9 seconds (13.7 stock)

0-110 mph in 12.1 seconds (16.7 stock)

The Vortech blower really shines at high speed vs a stock GT, while the low speed gains are mostly from the 4.10 gears, stall converter, and drag radials. I am very happy with the 0-100 in under 10 seconds, which is almost as quick as a stock 07-09 GT500.

Nice work!

Heh, *most* GT500's will never see 0-100MPH in less than 10s because the drivers aren't capable of it. :lurk: I've raced bone stock GT500's at the track (they had DR's) and they were 8.2x-8.3x in the 1/8th on their best runs. Now, the modified ones are a whole other story. I just wave as they go by.

Nice work!

Heh, *most* GT500's will never see 0-100MPH in less than 10s because the drivers aren't capable of it. :lurk: I've raced bone stock GT500's at the track (they had DR's) and they were 8.2x-8.3x in the 1/8th on their best runs. Now, the modified ones are a whole other story. I just wave as they go by.

I think Motor Trend ran a stock GT500 0-100 in just 9.6 seconds. Pretty good for magazine jockeys. But, you're right about many drivers not being able to maximize the potential of their car. Case in point: I saw an 06 Roushcharged Mustang GT at our local track recently. Had the high output Roush blower on it (he said it was 475hp vs the standard 415hp version). It was a manual trans, 4.10 gears, Steeda LCA's, and drag radials. Should have been running low 12's at 112+, but was struggling to run in the high 14's at 95 all day. I watched him a few times, and it was definitely the driver and not the car.

Hey Brian,

Long time no spoken. How are you and Shirley and your daughters? And Archie?

Nice videos. Your car turned out into a real street warrior.

Patrick

Patrick,

So nice to hear from you. We are all well here! I hope that you, Astrid, Cheyenne, and little Rick are also well! We will be visiting the Netherlands next summer for 2 weeks and staying with Shirley's family while we are there. One of her cousins lives near Almere, and we've been speaking with her quite a lot, so we'll be near you when we are on vacation. We'd love to visit you to say "hi" in person. We will be spending some of our time visiting Belgium and Germany on day trips with Shirley's relatives, but will be near Amsterdam most of the time. We can't wait!!!

In the mean time, I'll be enjoying track days with the Mustang. A little more work and I expect to have it running high 11's in the 1/4 mile. These newer Mustangs are incredible and make so much power so easily!

I hope you get to enjoy your Mustangs regularly! Gasoline is so expensive in Europe (isn't it about 1.5 Euros per liter?), that I wonder how anyone can afford to drive a powerful car there.

You are very welcome to stop by. Our club TMCN will have a very big Mustang show on 20 en 21 June where we will have our 45th Mustang Anniversary for all European Mustangers. And we have a Mustang cruise and show on Aug 9. And there will be a big one in Germany too on July 25 and 26. We can go together. You can drive the Cobra vert. So keep this in mind.

Gasoline is 1.2 Euro now. It was around 1.5.

Take care and see you next year.

Patrick

You are very welcome to stop by. Our club TMCN will have a very big Mustang show on 20 en 21 June where we will have our 45th Mustang Anniversary for all European Mustangers. And we have a Mustang cruise and show on Aug 9. And there will be a big one in Germany too on July 25 and 26. We can go together. You can drive the Cobra vert. So keep this in mind.

Gasoline is 1.2 Euro now. It was around 1.5.

Take care and see you next year.

Patrick

I just did the math for premium unleaded gasoline here. Today, I paid just 0.48 Euro per Liter ($2.29 per gallon, assuming 1 Euro = $1.26 currently). Much cheaper here in the USA than in the Netherlands.

We don't know which 2 weeks we will be in Holland yet. The airfare is still too expensive to book flights now since many airlines have fuel contracts based on much more expensive oil prices from a few months ago. I'm betting the newer fuel contracts will be based on lower oil prices and mean lower airfare prices. Right now, it would cost $6,400 for 4 of us to fly to Holland (round trip), but is should drop to about $4,500 if we wait a few months I believe.

I'll let you know the dates we'll be there when I find out. I'd love to attend any of the shows you mentioned.

Best wishes!

I just did the math for premium unleaded gasoline here. Today, I paid just 0.48 Euro per Liter ($2.29 per gallon, assuming 1 Euro = $1.26 currently). Much cheaper here in the USA than in the Netherlands.

We don't know which 2 weeks we will be in Holland yet. The airfare is still too expensive to book flights now since many airlines have fuel contracts based on much more expensive oil prices from a few months ago. I'm betting the newer fuel contracts will be based on lower oil prices and mean lower airfare prices. Right now, it would cost $6,400 for 4 of us to fly to Holland (round trip), but is should drop to about $4,500 if we wait a few months I believe.

I'll let you know the dates we'll be there when I find out. I'd love to attend any of the shows you mentioned.

Best wishes!

Yep, gas it is at least 2,5 times more expensive. In the truck I run LPG, which is 0.40 Euro per liter here.

We paid around 3700 Euro to Seattle for the 4 of us back in nov 2006. That was about $4600. Looking forward to see you. This January year we fly to LV for the Vegas Shelby Bash and in April we will be there for the 45th Mustang Anniversary. So this summer we will be home for a while.

Archived