TEAM SHELBY FORUM

who has highest miles on their Shelby GT?

angrrmgt

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the winner is..................................me........ with 49,264 miles in 12 months and 13 days. Purchased it March 16, 2008 with just 3 miles on it.

:bowdown: So I take it's not a garage queen. LOL Is it a delivery vehicle???? or what??? Man that's a lot of miles in one year. At least your getting your money's worth. Congratulations, I think.

:bowdown: So I take it's not a garage queen. LOL. Congratulations, I think.

Yes I sometimes wonder about it as well. I take good care of it though so that despite the miles the body is staying good. I estimate that within the next 4 years if the engine holds to 200,000 that I will just replace the engine with a new one. It would be a heck of alot cheaper than buying a new car. I know someone that has an 05 Vette daily driver and he has 350,000 miles on his engine. I don't know how much he has had to replace by way of maintenance but I do know it is still the stock core in the car.

Anybody know on average how long the stock gaskets will last before needing to be replaced assuming the car drives 98% highway miles and no stomping on it or street racing?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes I sometimes wonder about it as well. I take good care of it though so that despite the miles the body is staying good. I estimate that within the next 4 years if the engine holds to 200,000 that I will just replace the engine with a new one. It would be a heck of alot cheaper than buying a new car. I know someone that has an 05 Vette daily driver and he has 350,000 miles on his engine. I don't know how much he has had to replace by way of maintenance but I do know it is still the stock core in the car.

Anybody know on average how long the stock gaskets will last before needing to be replaced assuming the car drives 98% highway miles and no stomping on it or street racing?

Get it now! Free Shipping!

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_...products_id=669

Bought it last aug with 120 miles. Left on the MAA tour with 3300 miles on it in April. Just got back from AL and now it has 9958 miles on it. It sure was fun though.

awesome jnj, now thats some driving! :happy feet:

Just turned 13,000 on mine while out on a cruise friday night to celebrate the 45th!

• 2 weeks later...
Mine had 4,697 miles when I received her Jan 20th, 2009.....as of April 11, 2009, it has 9,200 miles !

April 30th....Damn....now it's 10,260... ha ha

Mine had 4,697 miles when I received her Jan 20th, 2009.....as of April 11, 2009, it has 9,200 miles !

April 30th....Damn....now it's 10,260... ha ha

May 15th....11,501....averaging 59 miles per day....115 days :o

Archived