TEAM SHELBY FORUM

who has highest miles on their Shelby GT?

angrrmgt

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now I understand why we never saw you at any N.IL events! :(

I never heard about any of them, I guess Ill have to pay attention from here on in.

I have 20,800 miles on my 07 #507. Daily driver---and I would be willing to bet that mine is probably the LEAST pristine SGT out there. I have a couple of door dings on passenger side, road rash on my front air dam, a couple of chips in my stripes and the back seats look like I drive a 5 year old and an 8 year old to school every day in it--which I do.

In a perfect world I would have two of these---one to drive and one to baby. I don't have that (yet). My plan for now is that every couple of years I will take my baby into the body shop and get a makeover done---then head back out on the road again. I picked up the car February 28th, 2007--and still smile every time I turn the key.

By the way--I haven't been around on the forums for awhile. Glad to be back.

It'll be hard to beat me... 37,100 miles on it, now...

Gary

No doubt about that Gary, you guys are the winners. I just saw your wife driving today. We were next to each other on Keene. We talked but hard to do when your driving.

I have 6000 on mine since March but that's going to go way down. I bought another vehicle to put back and forth to work miles. I'll have to admit I'll miss driving the SGT all the time but sometimes it just doesn't deserve to be on the road sitting in traffic with all forms of weather breaking loose on me. I'll let the truck take that abuse and save the SGT for those fun days.

Don

By the way, it's a nice car for a road trip. The seats are comfortable and the driver position is good for reaching pedals for a long drive. We drove straight through from Colorado to Vegas on the way out (12 hours). On the way back we stopped half way due to leaving late and having a call the next morning.

We rented a Hertz Mustang in 2006 or so. It was a nice ride and was why I got the SGT.

• 4 months later...
i've clocked 2350 in almost 2 years! i never take it where i have to park it out of my sight! people are nuts and will be standing on the hood if u dont pay attention! people love this car!!!!! so do I!!!!

Hit the road Sept 9/08 to date 2500 miles! That will go up as soon as snow is gone.

Archived