TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why weight matters

Guest evilchris

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/6df6...84e001eba71.htm

SRT-4 Neon versus modded term versus modded GT500.

All 3 cars have about the same power.

Not saying I would drive a neon, but notice how the terminator, with the same RWHP as the GT500, does much better against the much lighter Neon.

Im not disagreeing Chris but, I spent the weekend racing (road course) and I took down numerous 03/04 cobras, a Viper, Several Z06 corvettes a Ford GT and a Carerra Turbo (3 times) So while I may agree that weight makes a big difference, the driver makes an even bigger one.

Neon :hysterical2:

Guest evilchris

Im not disagreeing Chris but, I spent the weekend racing (road course) and I took down numerous 03/04 cobras, a Viper, Several Z06 corvettes a Ford GT and a Carerra Turbo (3 times) So while I may agree that weight makes a big difference, the driver makes an even bigger one.

Neon :hysterical2:

yeah the driver mod matters a lot. Wasn't disputing that. If you beat a Ford GT on a road course the driver flat out *sucked*. Not to take away from your victory but damn...

yeah the driver mod matters a lot. Wasn't disputing that. If you beat a Ford GT on a road course the driver flat out *sucked*. Not to take away from your victory but damn...

well, he was not trying to hard, niether was the Viper pilot. My 97 Cobra only has 281 RWHP but it does handle very well and I dont mind using brakes :)

Guest evilchris

Who's to say what driver's in this video suck. It's so subjective. Like Coldwater said, anyone can fabricate something that suits them.

They raced in a straight line from a roll. Not a lot of skill required.

It's pretty easy to imagine a 500RWHP 2800LB Neon smoking a 500RWHP 3900LB GT500 though. The GT500 doesn't have some mystical ability to compensate for its weight when horsepower is equal.

I can't see Coldwaters post, good riddance.

With equal horsepower, the GT500 will lose to pretty much anything on the street. It will *always* require much more horsepower than its opponent to win a race because of the weight. The SHELBY emblem on the back doesn't equalize the weight.

The Shelby just could be the fastest 4000 lb car on the road! :o

>I took down numerous 03/04 cobras, a Viper, Several Z06 corvettes a Ford GT and a Carerra Turbo (3 times)

A friend took me for a drive in his Ford GT Saturday. There is no way I'm believing at GT500 beat at Ford GT, even if the driver was 6 years old!

They raced in a straight line from a roll. Not a lot of skill required.

It's pretty easy to imagine a 500RWHP 2800LB Neon smoking a 500RWHP 3900LB GT500 though. The GT500 doesn't have some mystical ability to compensate for its weight when horsepower is equal.

I can't see Coldwaters post, good riddance.

With equal horsepower, the GT500 will lose to pretty much anything on the street. It will *always* require much more horsepower than its opponent to win a race because of the weight. The SHELBY emblem on the back doesn't equalize the weight.

EC, no harm intended, but if you despise the GT500 as most of your posts indicate, why do you spend so much time in this forum? :shrug:

EC, no harm intended, but if you despise the GT500 as most of your posts indicate, why do you spend so much time in this forum? :shrug:

Many have wondered and asked that very question, mastersmech1, myself included. No good answer has been offered. :doh:

Be careful or you'll be on his rather ineffective "perma-ingnore" list, which seems to be growing....

mastersmech: I don't think EC despises the car- he wants one. But from what I can tell, he's just a little pissed off that Ford made it a "Shelby" instead of just an "SVT Cobra". It's his idea that the Shelby moniker inflated the price to more than the car is worth and is willing to pay. He might be right, I'm getting one for MSRP, but I probably wouldn't be getting one at all if it didn't say Shelby on it. With that being said, I personally believe that Caroll had enough input on it to make it a legit Shelby- as much a Shelby as the new Shelby GT (so what if SA is bolting on a few parts), or any 68-70 Shelby built entirely at FMC.

mastersmech: I don't think EC despises the car- he wants one. But from what I can tell, he's just a little pissed off that Ford made it a "Shelby" instead of just an "SVT Cobra". It's his idea that the Shelby moniker inflated the price to more than the car is worth and is willing to pay. He might be right, I'm getting one for MSRP, but I probably wouldn't be getting one at all if it didn't say Shelby on it. With that being said, I personally believe that Caroll had enough input on it to make it a legit Shelby- as much a Shelby as the new Shelby GT (so what if SA is bolting on a few parts), or any 68-70 Shelby built entirely at FMC.

LIST 10 THINGS HE HAS SAID POSITIVE ABOUT THIS CAR!

The Shelby just could be the fastest 4000 lb car on the road! :o

I don't understand all the crying about weight. The Terminators had 390 HP and weighed 3800 pounds. Lets see 390 HP 3800 pounds verses 500 HP and 4000 pounds. Seems pretty obvious, after you have driven a Shelby you'll realize there is no comparison! Shelby's will run circles around just about anything. Especially in the same price range! I realize now it's all just sour grapes.

okay, i get it already.... weight matters.

i enjoy and learn alot from your posts EC.... but give us a break already. you have made us all aware of how inferior the GT500 is. the GT500 is a fat pig, overpriced, no match for '03/'04 terminators, uses inferior parts, the engineers were idiots, the weight distribution is all wrong, exploits the shebly name, is a car for rich old men, etc. I get it.

you have got to get tired of bashing this car at some point? if you channeled all of your energy in a more positive way, you would be unstoppable. smart (book and streetsmart), confident, etc. why do waste your time and energy trying to bring us all down? :shrug:

I don't understand all the crying about weight. The Terminators had 390 HP and weighed 3800 pounds. Lets see 390 HP 3800 pounds verses 500 HP and 4000 pounds. Seems pretty obvious, after you have driven a Shelby you'll realize there is no comparison! Shelby's will run circles around just about anything. Especially in the same price range! I realize now it's all just sour grapes.

Hey People, not critisizing anyone that says car weighs 4000lbs but , the Certificate Of Origin for my 07 GT500 says shipping weight is 3785. This last weekend I weighed the car with me inside and about seven gallon of gas, total weight was 4020 lbs and I weigh about 180. I don't have the Shaker 1000.

i enjoy and learn alot from your posts EC.... but give us a break already. you have made us all aware of how inferior the GT500 is. the GT500 is a fat pig, overpriced, no match for '03/'04 terminators, uses inferior parts, the engineers were idiots, the weight distribution is all wrong, exploits the shebly name, is a car for rich old men, etc. I get it.

you have got to get tired of bashing this car at some point? if you channeled all of your energy in a more positive way, you would be unstoppable. smart (book and streetsmart), confident, etc. why do waste your time and energy trying to bring us all down? :shrug:

Very well put BoneDoc!

But I think saying "Smart" is pushing the limits of what he is :doh:

Hey People, not critisizing anyone that says car weighs 4000lbs but , the Certificate Of Origin for my 07 GT500 says shipping weight is 3785. This last weekend I weighed the car with me inside and about seven gallon of gas, total weight was 4020 lbs and I weigh about 180. I don't have the Shaker 1000.

I think they weighed it with only 2 gallons of gas from the factory & no driver to get that.

Well Put BD.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/6df6...84e001eba71.htm

SRT-4 Neon versus modded term versus modded GT500.

All 3 cars have about the same power.

Not saying I would drive a neon, but notice how the terminator, with the same RWHP as the GT500, does much better against the much lighter Neon.

I do believe that the concensus is, EC's posts are getting real old. I find myself spending more and more time on other forums because of this. The F150 forums are more about helping each other and giving advice than putting down the current model over the older ones. I just wish I new what it took to get listed on the perma-ingnore list. That's pretty good company!

I do believe that the concensus is, EC's posts are getting real old. I find myself spending more and more time on other forums because of this. The F150 forums are more about helping each other and giving advice than putting down the current model over the older ones. I just wish I new what it took to get listed on the perma-ingnore list. That's pretty good company!

Just keep arguing with him & call him a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Many have wondered and asked that very question, mastersmech1, myself included. No good answer has been offered. :doh:

Be careful or you'll be on his rather ineffective "perma-ingnore" list, which seems to be growing....

EC has a problem with the Shelby because the dealer would not take his skate board in on trade. He just likes the attention he gets. This is only forum he has not been banned from. I heard he is saving money for a GT500 Model but toy store would not take his xbox on trade.

quote from Cold

VOTE EC for PRESIDENT in 2008!

He is the ONLY one that can SAVE US from the slow & over weight, over priced 2007 SHELBY GT500! He is highly Qualified, just look at a few of his credentials:

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER & CEO OF THE KNOW-IT-ALL AND EVERYTHING LLC.

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER OF THE "RICHARD" HEAD’s ANONIMOUS

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER OF THE YOU DON’T KNOW SHIT & I DO, INC.

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER OF THE ANTI-SHELBY ASSOCIATION

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER OF THE DONKEY HOLES CLUB

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER OF THE SHELBY’S TOO HEAVY ALUMNI

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER & CEO OF THE I TALK OUT MY DONKEY UNIVERISTY

TOO MANY GREAT TITLES TOO LIST.... TRUST ME!

PRESIDENT & fOUNDER & ceo OF the GT500Knockeemdownclub

He is a big fan of the Shelby GT500 but I have not heard a single positive thing he has had to say about them.

If you do not agree or get the better of him he puts you on his list. He can surely dish it out but cannot take much. His true colors really show more and more with every post.

>I took down numerous 03/04 cobras, a Viper, Several Z06 corvettes a Ford GT and a Carerra Turbo (3 times)

A friend took me for a drive in his Ford GT Saturday. There is no way I'm believing at GT500 beat at Ford GT, even if the driver was 6 years old!

Well, I wasnt in a GT500, a 97 Cobra and Believe what you want. It was a high speed road course, which you seem to know nothing about

Robert - this boy needs to be gone. We're losing members due to his continued rantings.

He needs to leave us. Period.

I have better ways to spend my time.

I tend to stay away because the drama content is way too high.

The simple fact is, not EVERYONE bought their GT500 as a race car. Not everyone gives a shit that the car is a little heavy. The sooner certain folks can come to grips with that fact and stop the bantering, the more people will stick around to be social.

I was kind of hoping no one would respond to this thread, that no one would take the bait. But since all of you did, and now I have as well, let me say I agree with BoneDoc. EC give it a rest.

I guess I dont see the harm in this one. All he did was state the obvious (ok maybe he overstates it) More weight same power looses. No big deal. Like someone said, if I was buying a car as a drag racer, I wouldnt buy the Shelby. Im not interested in drag racing so it doesnt matter. I've now riddin in one and its a great car!

Amen--------+1 +2 +3 etc..

Get a life EC !

I tend to stay away because the drama content is way too high.

The simple fact is, not EVERYONE bought their GT500 as a race car. Not everyone gives a shit that the car is a little heavy. The sooner certain folks can come to grips with that fact and stop the bantering, the more people will stick around to be social.

I was looking around at some of the other forums which discuss the GT 500. Three - maby four posts had "today" as last reply. There wasn't much pertinant information for what I am intrested in - either.

However, I have noticed fewer new topics and less replys ( especially from some former seemingly intresting members). For gods sake be careful not to mis-quote any thing, or have a different opinion because you will have your sh t jumped after a few replys, much less say any thing negative concerning the Shelby.

I think it is funny as hell how some "members" go at it at each other, and the silly things these"members" type in their signature are absolutly hillarious.

One time several months ago, I had a second user name. I thought I was being funny and made an insinuation that a certain member should meet his demise by harmful intentions. Well, needless to say, as soon as one of the moderators ( from across the border) read this, my membership ( under the name of NOSHOULDERS) was deleted. Then there was a new post about how things in this forum were getting out of hand and why the decline of moral values in America is directly related to the absence of school prayer.

Who gives a damn nothing is going to change any way.

Archived