TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Dust shields

After being lucky enough to hang out with some of the boys from SAI, and get a ride in a KR and the white mule, I am up grading the brakes on my 08 sgt-c to gt500 brembos. I have the calipers on the way, have new rotors that have the outer edge and center hub powder coated black, have braided stainless brake lines on order but can not find dust shields. Yes, I know it would have been easier to just order the kit, but it was worth the hassle to save hundreds of dollars. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

John(;-)

P.S. Oh yeah, in case you were wondering or concerned based on all the people trying to retain the stock wheels (which I would have likes to do) I have already upgraded to 20 inch razors.

After being lucky enough to hang out with some of the boys from SAI, and get a ride in a KR and the white mule, I am up grading the brakes on my 08 sgt-c to gt500 brembos. I have the calipers on the way, have new rotors that have the outer edge and center hub powder coated black, have braided stainless brake lines on order but can not find dust shields. Yes, I know it would have been easier to just order the kit, but it was worth the hassle to save hundreds of dollars. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

John(;-)

P.S. Oh yeah, in case you were wondering or concerned based on all the people trying to retain the stock wheels (which I would have likes to do) I have already upgraded to 20 inch razors.

The same way I went, they work great. You didn't mention the dust shields, I thought I'd remind you just in case :)

The same way I went, they work great. You didn't mention the dust shields, I thought I'd remind you just in case :)

you are right that I did not come out and ask for a source / price, but it was my assumption that people would get that from my saying that I could not find them. To be perfectly clear, I need the gt500 dust shield and have not been able to find a source. Thanks to all.

John(;-)

Sound like you have it all sourced very well. I don't know the part number but it should be an over-the- counter Ford service part. Here is the exploded view of the front brake system in a PDF. Maybe this is some help to you.

I tried the part number from the diagram with out success but will try another source. Thanks!

Archived