TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The New Ride

vsop

I'm signing the papers for it in the morning. I took some pics when they let me drive the car for the day.

I used the X-Plan on it and in the end it was about $50 below invoice plus a 500 ford rebate and 3.9%apr.

And no $100 doc fees so I really got it $650 below invoice the way I see it.

I was going for a GT500 but since the best I found was 10K over MSRP I'm going to keep this for a year and see if I can in the end get a GT500 vert for MSRP. Or I'll throw some major mods at this (S/Cer. Ported heads, Cams, etc)

GT-Front.jpg

GT-Side.jpg

GT-Back.jpg

Yea, the dealer sticker was already on the car when I went lot shopping. But its a simple vinly sticker that will peel off.

I'm just waiting to hear what they plan to do about the front bumper holes from where the front plate mounting bracket goes. I told them I'm regestering in Fl and that I don't need a front plate. My saleslady said they should be able to take care of it. That they have a bodyshop.

I was thinking of getting white stripes put over the car, so maybe I can have it done at the same time..

Nice Ride - Good Choice on that GT/CS. You think like me, but I do not think I can get rid of the car. Be sure to check the master brake reservoir. They all seem to be over full and leak. There is a fix on this site for the problem. I am curious on your stripe plan. How would you go up an over the top with the Scoop in the way ? Glad you got a good deal.

I have seen a couple of pics of Gts with the stripes over the top and the GT hood scoop. Some had the stripes on the scoop and others did not.

I liked the stripes on the scoop, but think it might be a pain to get it done that way. I think what the installer will have to do is remove the GT scoop, install the stripes and then put the scoop back on. If they use a ford kit then I don't think they have it cut to go over the scoop as well, but if its a custom cut (which it might have to be, since its a CS) then they should be able to cut strips to go over the scoop as well.

If I get the stripes, I'm probably going to get the Grill that they sell at Stage3 Motorsports.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/SS950-73595

I think it looks real good with the stripes. I also would get a Tri-Bar pony emblem like in the one pic for the right side of the grill.. Gives it a nice factory look

Nope, her name wad Doris..

I got it from the Gaithersburg location, only because they had much more of a selection on the lot and it was next to the Criswell dealer (they are the one we got our H2 from back in 2003) where I was testing out the Z51 and Z06. The Z06 was a blast, but I don't think I want to spend 74K on a car right now.

VSOP: Have you picked up your car and brought it home? What is your first impressions? What do you think of the fit and finish? My car is tight, and the quality of the car is superb. The alignment of the body panels is perfect. The car handles great. Let me know. Any word on finding a stripe kit for the GT/CS. If I find some, I will let you know.

I have already Driven the car down to florida.. Its a blast to drive.

Talked to the dealer I purchased my first stang from down here in Fl. And its about $1300 to have the stripes painted on.

I have already setup to get a Xcal2 and C&L CAI from VMPTuning for it.

Archived