TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First car is at Dealership, they are refusing to honor agreement

PhantomAce

Sorry to hear this, but I think I would call & write NBC Dateline, 20/20 OR SOME OTHER BIG NEWS CREW for an undercover sting operation. Why go local when we need this to go Nationally. That way ALL dealers get the message LOAD & CLEAR!

Coldwater, that's a great idea!!! This is the kind of stuff that would never make the 'radar' of the general public and has the 'gut' value that news agencies love. Good thinking!

:party:

Not to mention the fact that it would add to the PR disaster that Ford is amongst the financial/media types. Hey Ford HQ, don't you wish you had delt with your lousy dealers with some Ba*%ls before your prospective customers where pushed so far that they had to consider this sort of thing? :fan::doh:

Any more Bold Moves left before this thing becomes a historical footnote? :wacko:

I like your approach ;-) but probably ought to pass on 911 call -- they wouldn't likely have a sense of humor.

Btw, do you have a hearse?

Funny 911 story: a few months ago a woman called 911 (upstate NY rural village) to try to find out the name of the cop who came to her appartment on a noisy neighbor call the evening before. 911 asked why that was an emergency. She told them "I'm 43, honey, and ain't gettin' any younger and I just want to contact him." They dispatched the cop she had talked to... to arrest her for abuse of 911. True story (though I kinda thought they could have been a bit more 'understganding' <lol>)

no hearse, just a fast horse.

and you are probably right on the 911 call, but i would still call the local state police or sherif because this is illegal and they are there to respond to such things that are not truely critical emergencies. just my 2 cents

[i know a fellow who had the same deal....a written contract at MSRP....his dealer initially refused to honoer the deal so he did get a lawyer. The dealership is owned by a large corporation who when they received the lawyers letter the told this guy they would honor the deal. His car is on order now at MSRP.

The only problem with his deal is that I was one of the others on the list and was told I should be able to land my car at $5K over. When it came time to order they told me it will be $15K over.

I went elsewhere and paid $10K over..i am happy with the deal and the car.

no hearse, just a fast horse.

and you are probably right on the 911 call, but i would still call the local state police or sherif because this is illegal and they are there to respond to such things that are not truely critical emergencies. just my 2 cents

re hearse... what was I thinking? :doh:Horse makes sense! ;-)

Yeah, some dealers need to be taken to task... and all it takes is a couple of wide-reaching media channels to cover it to wake the other 'guilty' [renegging] dealers up.

I actually such press would benefit Ford a bunch! It would draw attention for the general public (who don't even know there is a GT500 or what it is) that Ford actually has some cars that are so damn desireable that dealers can ask rediculous prices. You know the old saying "The only thing worse than bad publicity is NO publicity." ;)

What I don;t understand is if a dealer agreed in writing to MSRP why they just don't honor it! It's not like they're losing money!! Then next time, just don't make advance contracts if you don't want to. It's only pure greed that causes a dealer to attempt to reneg on a valid contract -- clearly they only remembered parts of 'Marketing 101.'

Archived