TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz Shelby on E-bay

cutter

How about a link?

I can't find it. I only found some 60's Hertz

somebody's gonna have to teach me how to do that...just use gt 500 as keyword and it should show it...its already over 50 something....

somebody's gonna have to teach me how to do that...just use gt 500 as keyword and it should show it...its already over 50 something....

The Hertz Shelbys should be worth significantly more than the GT500s. They were not offered for public sale and far fewer were made. They will bring much bigger money in 30 or 40 years. I would consider one of them an investment. I consider the GT500s a really nice car.

right click the address bar while on the page. click copy. Come to the add reply page and click on the little earth with a paper clip at the top of the text window. It will lead you from there.

Guest evilchris

lol @ the bug guts on the front! Also:

"also has an engine wire connected to the frame so that people renting the car can't "borrow" the engines like they used to do on the old '66 Shelby Hertz cars.

"

rofl.... somehow I think someone who has the tools to disconnect and remove an engine can cut a stupid little wire =)

lol @ the bug guts on the front! Also:

"also has an engine wire connected to the frame so that people renting the car can't "borrow" the engines like they used to do on the old '66 Shelby Hertz cars.

"

rofl.... somehow I think someone who has the tools to disconnect and remove an engine can cut a stupid little wire =)

It's kinda like a string seal that you'd find on a truck/trailer load at a delivery. If the seal if missing or damaged, then you know someone's been tampering inside. Same logic with the wire on the Shelby GT-H. It's not there to prevent theft, only to tattle on thief.

The guy is from around the Lawrence Kansas area. He lives about an hour from me. I do not think it is a scam..... The car was bought only days ago. I am sure someone offered him a rediculous $$$,$$$ amount for it, so that is why he pulled the auction.

I don't have a clue how he got ahold of this car, kinda makes you wonder?

The wire in the engine bay is to only point the finger at who removed the engine, not to prevent it. They check it at the post-rental inspection.

Why are you laughing at the bug guts on the front EC????? You don't have bugs where you live?????

I do have a GT500 on the way with all the bells and whistles. Arrival (if I am lucky) 1st quarter of 2007.....I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

I dunno chris...they even show the paper dealer plate in a rear shot...not smart if its a scammer :shrug:

It's gotta be a clone then...These cars just arrived at Hertz couple months ago. Can't see how they'd be cutting them lose aleady. Plus, you'd think Hertz would have a huge PR event notifying the world they're up for sell to drive the highest bid.

I still dont get it. Why anyone would want a dogged out rental GT with CAI for a stupid price after they get 15k miles doesnt make sense to me. Just wait till spring and order one from Ford brand new and get a 5 speed to boot. :shrug: Yeah the Hertz 66's were cool as hell but this is 06.

I still dont get it. Why anyone would want a dogged out rental GT with CAI for a stupid price after they get 15k miles doesnt make sense to me. Just wait till spring and order one from Ford brand new and get a 5 speed to boot. :shrug:

The Shelby rationalization strikes again. Some people can convince themselves of anything. A fool and his money... :hysterical: Just imagine the debate a year from now when the car depreciates even futher and the astute groupie, er collector, cliques start argueing about the quality of the restoration of the no-smoking stickers and the authenticity of the wash boy's scratches. :hysterical2:

Guest evilchris

The Shelby rationalization strikes again. Some people can convince themselves of anything. A fool and his money... :hysterical: Just imagine the debate a year from now when the car depreciates even futher and the astute groupie, er collector, cliques start argueing about the quality of the restoration of the no-smoking stickers and the authenticity of the wash boy's scratches. :hysterical2:

I rented one 997 miles old. It was already swirled to **&*.

I rented on that was at a wopping 420 miles and it looked like it had a sand paper bath. They better at least wet sand them. I dont think the typical GT-H with 18k on it will go for crazy amounts maybe 20-25k just because the condition the car anr going to be in..... Now you know Some of the GT-H's are going to escape thet everyday rental fate ie: The big wigs at hertz proble got a few put away and thoes will go for big bucks.

EC, Brands 5.0, EvilDropping, moving icon monkey all the same.

The particular Shelby GT-H is in fact a real Shelby. Built around the First of June was actually sold middle of june with the warranty started a week later. Sold by a dealer in Oklahoma.

This is all second hand info from the infamous brandy 5.002 evil dropping EC all the same. Rented skateboard then claimed he rented shelby. Nuts

At least he is up for pres. quoted from the coldwater:

VOTE EC for PRESIDENT in 2008!

He is the ONLY one that can SAVE US from the slow & over weight, over priced 2007 SHELBY GT500! He is highly Qualified, just look at a few of his credentials:

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER & CEO OF THE KNOW-IT-ALL AND EVERYTHING LLC.

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER OF THE "RICHARD" HEAD’s ANONIMOUS

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER OF THE YOU DON’T KNOW SHIT & I DO, INC.

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER OF THE ANTI-SHELBY ASSOCIATION

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER OF THE DONKEY HOLES CLUB

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER OF THE SHELBY’S TOO HEAVY ALUMNI

PRESIDENT & FOUNDER & CEO OF THE I TALK OUT MY DONKEY UNIVERISTY

TOO MANY GREAT TITLES TOO LIST.... TRUST ME!

evilgussinmonkey2ykdroppedhischronic has a new name!

evilgussinmonkey2ykdroppedhischronic has a new name!

GT500RagTop,

Can you please let your issues with EC go??? This is a forum to talk about Mustang's not a place to continually harass another member. I am sure that by posting this I will eventually attract your attention as well but please stop acting like a kid and get over it!!!

venom07

Let's all please get back on track. Lighten up the foul language, please, also. No need for that.

If you don't like the car, fine, but be constructive {adults} with your criticisms or I will lock this topic. And.....let's cut down a little on the slaps, too. Okay? Thanks!

~Chris

Archived