TEAM SHELBY FORUM

An Ipod and a GT500

QuickSilverShelby

Yes there is a cord. Go to an electronics store, ie Best Buy, etc. and go to the Ipod Section and look for an auxillary input cord. One one end it will have a connector like the one you use to link it to your PC and the other will have a connector to the AUX input in the center console. Cost is like $10. You can just leave the Ipod in the center console.

There is a TripTunes Advanced, Part Number: 7R3Z-19A464-A available to integrate the IPOD directly to the radio so you can control the IPOD as well. The description does not say anything about the Shaker 1000, only mentions it is not available for the NAV system.

Looks like you need a separate wiring harness; you'd think it would be included for $250.

A wiring harness (7R3Z 14A411 AC) is required and sold separately. (For Vehicles Built On or After 12/04/06)

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/catalog.asp

Select "Electronics" and then "Audio" from the above link.

If I ever get my own IPOD, I may consider this approach; I am not too happy with the way they sound by connecting through audio jack in the console.

Another option, while equally as expensive, is the HD Radio Receiver w/IPOD connectivity from Ford Accessories...

HD Radio Receiver, w/iPod® Connectivity

Part Number: A9FCS-HDRADIO-B

MSRP: $299.00

This does work with NAV.

There is a TripTunes Advanced, Part Number: 7R3Z-19A464-A available to integrate the IPOD directly to the radio so you can control the IPOD as well. The description does not say anything about the Shaker 1000, only mentions it is not available for the NAV system.

Looks like you need a separate wiring harness; you'd think it would be included for $250.

A wiring harness (7R3Z 14A411 AC) is required and sold separately. (For Vehicles Built On or After 12/04/06)

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/catalog.asp

Select "Electronics" and then "Audio" from the above link.

If I ever get my own IPOD, I may consider this approach; I am not too happy with the way they sound by connecting through audio jack in the console.

Just looked up the part and its says it NOT compatible with the shaker 1000.

MM

Yeah, I have that in my car with the Shaker 1000...but you should know a few things.

It is nice because it charges the ipod and I keep the plug in the glove compartment.

The HD radio function is okay, but you know how you have 3 function buttons for the radio on the sides of the display?

FM/AM, CD, AUX/SAT, right? When you use HD module, your AM/FM function is useless. You have to unplug the radio antenna for the HD. In other words you take your antenna feed and unplug it from the headunit and plug into HD module which then gives nothing but static on FM/AM. Your HD radio stations now have to come through the AUX/SAT function, but it isnt labeled. So you have to cycle through AUX 1, 2, 3 one time to get through the 3 presets for SAT 1, 2, 3, then the next time it cycles AUX 1, 2, 3 you are on FMHD 1, 2, 3, then the next AUX 1, 2, 3 cycles are AMHD 1, and 2 is your ipod connection and 3 is the actaul aux plug in the center console...So to go from SAT to IPOD? could be anywhere between 5-7 aux function button presses with no label so you dont know what function you are on until it starts playing? Im nitpicking, but it is bloody distracting driving down the road switching.

Next problem: You have to hit play on the ipod in the playlist you listen to BEFORE you plug in. You cannot navigate back up and into another artist, album or playlist....so you have to prepare your listening a little bit.

Oh, and your ipod will freeze up from time to time for no particular reason...annoying, but not a big problem.

On the plus side? Its great to plug and go and not worry about charging it...

The sound is better since it uses the plug(its not a better connection, but it passes through to the radio through a signal only port which doesnt allow you to overpower the signal like you can by turning up the volume on the ipod attached through the aux plug in the console.)

And the best part? Song titles are displayed on the radio screen, and you can cycle songs with the left and right arrows under your radio display.

Whew..thats thorough

Would I do it again? Nope- in fact I will be getting a better head unit with nav and ipod and sat built in...I dont even want a CD player in it if my ipod works right.

Just My Overinflated opinion.

Archived