TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Does Vegas - 2006

owenkelley

There's an annual Shelby Meet In Vegas, this year it is on the weekend of February 26 & 27th. A bunch of us up here in Montana load up in 2 or 3 cars and make the 13 hour trip. It's a blast! We don't drive our Mustangs of course, we always hit some kind of bad weather. I would be interested to know if anybody else that posts on here is planning on attending. A splendid time is guaranteed for all! We could all get together and talk about the '07 GT500, I'm sure that is going to be the big topic of conversation this year! I'm hoping there'll be one on display, and I'll bet the new Shelby Mustangs are on hand too.

There's an annual Shelby Meet In Vegas, this year it is on the weekend of February 26 & 27th. A bunch of us up here in Montana load up in 2 or 3 cars and make the 13 hour trip. It's a blast! We don't drive our Mustangs of course, we always hit some kind of bad weather. I would be interested to know if anybody else that posts on here is planning on attending. A splendid time is guaranteed for all! We could all get together and talk about the '07 GT500, I'm sure that is going to be the big topic of conversation this year! I'm hoping there'll be one on display, and I'll bet the new Shelby Mustangs are on hand too.

Off topic a bit. Where in MT are you? I lived in Bozeman for ten years and will be moving back this fall once the snow clears out.

Off topic a bit. Where in MT are you? I lived in Bozeman for ten years and will be moving back this fall once the snow clears out.

I'm in Missoula. Hate to tell you this, but the Grizzlies beat the Bobcats yeaterday in men's basketball. :)

That's okay though, the Bobcats have been beating us in football lately. :angry:

Bozeman has a pretty active Mustang club, I'm sure we'll cross paths at car shows here and there!

I'm in Missoula. Hate to tell you this, but the Grizzlies beat the Bobcats yeaterday in men's basketball. :)

That's okay though, the Bobcats have been beating us in football lately. :angry:

Bozeman has a pretty active Mustang club, I'm sure we'll cross paths at car shows here and there!

Ya yes, the ol' Cat/Griz rivalry. Does the Bozeman Mustang Club have a website?

Ya yes, the ol' Cat/Griz rivalry. Does the Bozeman Mustang Club have a website?

I don't know if they have a website or not, I get info from the Great Falls club, but not the Bozeman club.

Are you going to autocross your new GT500? There is a great autocross course in Helena, it's the Highway Patrol training facility. It's huge, and they usually make the track pretty open for the larger higher horsepower cars. Assuming I am able to get one of the new cars I'm definitely taking it there. it would be way too much fun!

I don't know if they have a website or not, I get info from the Great Falls club, but not the Bozeman club.

Are you going to autocross your new GT500? There is a great autocross course in Helena, it's the Highway Patrol training facility. It's huge, and they usually make the track pretty open for the larger higher horsepower cars. Assuming I am able to get one of the new cars I'm definitely taking it there. it would be way too much fun!

You know I'll be rockin' it. Sounds like a blast. However, I'm a fly fisherman at heart, so if the rivers aren't blown I'll probably be rippin' lips on the Madison, Yellowstone, Big Hole, Jefferson, Beaverhead, Big MO, or Gallatin Rivers. That's why I love Bozeman, so many unbelievable rivers within a 2-hour drive. Can't wait, I'm gonna buy a Clackacraft, F-150, and a GT500! Life is going to be sweet in about 4-6 months.

Hey Owen,

Do you enter organized races?

Have you taken any high speed driving courses?

KingCobra.

I autocross a bit, but have never raced other than that. Unfortunately my summers are so busy that I don't get enough autocrossing in to get real good at it, but I sure have alot of fun! Smoking tires and fishtailing aren't good for times but it's sure exciting!

Have never taken a high-speed driving class, but it's on my list of things to do.

You know I'll be rockin' it. Sounds like a blast. However, I'm a fly fisherman at heart, so if the rivers aren't blown I'll probably be rippin' lips on the Madison, Yellowstone, Big Hole, Jefferson, Beaverhead, Big MO, or Gallatin Rivers. That's why I love Bozeman, so many unbelievable rivers within a 2-hour drive. Can't wait, I'm gonna buy a Clackacraft, F-150, and a GT500! Life is going to be sweet in about 4-6 months.

When you get out here you should look me up. If you are over in Missoula our car club has a barbecue every Thursady evening, you should join us. We have a great bunch of guys ( & gals ).

I'll warn the fish you're comin'!

When you get out here you should look me up. If you are over in Missoula our car club has a barbecue every Thursady evening, you should join us. We have a great bunch of guys ( & gals ).

I'll warn the fish you're comin'!

Sounds good to me. I'll hit up Rock Creek on the way there. Just joking, my GT500 will never see a dirt road.

Sounds good to me. I'll hit up Rock Creek on the way there. Just joking, my GT500 will never see a dirt road.

Here's a little taste of what goes on at our barbecues. This is the GT500 that belongs to the guy whose shop we meet at.

Here's a little taste of what goes on at our barbecues. This is the GT500 that belongs to the guy whose shop we meet at.

Well, I'm not sure how I managed to post multiple times, and my attachment didn't attach!

Don't know how I managed to do that, and the attachment didn't work either!

• 1 month later...

The Vegas meet is this weekend, we're heading off Wednesday morning for what is guaranteed to be a great time! If there are computers available at the Motel I'll try to post what kind of cool cars are on hand. I don't have a digital camera or I'd try to post some pics, but maybe one of the guys going with us will have one.

Anyone else out there going?

My first post!

We will be in attendance. We will not be on the track this year but will be their with #2005 67 gt350.

Hopefully I figured out how to attach properly, you can look us up at the track or at the downtown display on Saturday night.

post-2885-1140639745_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1140639777_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1140639863_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1140639745_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1140639777_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1140639863_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

We're (my dad and I) brand new to this forum. We're (if my Dad can't attend, I'll bring a friend) also attending the Vegas X Shelby weekend.

We're from the East Coast so we won't have our car in Vegas but we're registered for SAAC 31 in Va. My Dad bought the '67 when I was 1 year old. I'm almost 22 now and scheduled to complete my USMC OCS this summer after I graduate. I report to Quantico right after SAAC 31.

I've grown up in a Ford enthusiast house and I've got my own '65 Mustang 5R08K148428.

We have a deposit on an '07 GT500 and I came across this forum looking for anything I could find on these cars. Our dealer has told us that he'd sell at MSRP but we have our doubts. We're anxiously waiting, like everyone else here to get details.... next month ????

I'd sure like to drive the '07 to SAAC 31. :D

Thanks for a great forum and we look forward to meeting as many of you as possible in the future.

Welcome you guys. You'll find many other forums, some lager, some smaller, but this one is great. It's where I get most of my quality info and members here are passionate about the GT500.

BTW, I hope you do get to drive the '07 in Vegas, you'll be among the first. Be sure to take lots of pics and post them up.

This shot of the GT500 was taken at the Annual Shelby Convention in 2005 at California Motor Speedway.

Would look good parked next to my 67, ya think?

Thanks for the pic!!!

I thought it was strange that they were still showing the concept version, until I realized that this was a pic from last year.

Welcome to the site.

KingCobra.

Hi everyone,

We're (my dad and I) brand new to this forum. We're (if my Dad can't attend, I'll bring a friend) also attending the Vegas X Shelby weekend.

We're from the East Coast so we won't have our car in Vegas but we're registered for SAAC 31 in Va. My Dad bought the '67 when I was 1 year old. I'm almost 22 now and scheduled to complete my USMC OCS this summer after I graduate. I report to Quantico right after SAAC 31.

I've grown up in a Ford enthusiast house and I've got my own '65 Mustang 5R08K148428.

We have a deposit on an '07 GT500 and I came across this forum looking for anything I could find on these cars. Our dealer has told us that he'd sell at MSRP but we have our doubts. We're anxiously waiting, like everyone else here to get details.... next month ????

I'd sure like to drive the '07 to SAAC 31. :D

Thanks for a great forum and we look forward to meeting as many of you as possible in the future.

Hey guys,

Welcome to the site.

Any info and pics you can provide us with from the Shelby weekend would be greatly appreciated!!!

KingCobra.

just got back from vegas an hour ago or so. I haven't had a chance to read any posts from the last week, so if I repeat stuff you're already aware of please forgive me. First, there was no '07 GT500 at the show which really disappointed me. I was told by a Shelby employee that Ford did not come out for this event, therefore, no new GT500.

Carroll did speak at Friday nights banquet and he said there have been three new deals signed with Ford, but he could not talk about them yet. He sadi they will be announced soon and everybody seemed pretty excited about it. We did spend a couple hours visiting with a Shelby employee trying to pry info out of him, but he was very tight lipped. I asked him if I should hold off on buying an '07 to see what is coming, and his responce was "you should not wait". I don;t know if maybe that indicates that the announcements coming up will be cars that are different from the GT500 or what. The Shelby Expedition prototype was in the Shelby shop, so maybe that is something that will be coming out. So no huge news to report unfortunately.

The CS6 cars were on display and they were pretty cool, but I have to have a V-8, plus I have a feeling that those cars are out of my price range.

One of the things that interested me the most about cars that were displayed was a company that is building Shelby Continuation 1967 GT500's and '68 GT500 coupes and convertibles. They even had knockoffs of the '67 "Lil Red" prototype which was the only 1967 notchback Shelby built and "The Green Hornet" which was the only '68 GT500 notchback built. So in essence you can go out and order brand new '67 GT500's! They are licensed by Shelby Automotive and will probably end up in the Shelby registry.

Anyway, wish i had more to report, but it was a fun weekend!

My first post!

We will be in attendance. We will not be on the track this year but will be their with #2005 67 gt350.

Hopefully I figured out how to attach properly, you can look us up at the track or at the downtown display on Saturday night.

I did see your car! It is beautiful! I remember talking to you about the wheel well moldings and how I like the way the brighten up the car. I was one of the guys that came down from Montana, there were 11 of us. One of our group was hypnotized at the banquet on Friday night, that was pretty hysterical! Did you enjoy the weekend?

I did see your car! It is beautiful! I remember talking to you about the wheel well moldings and how I like the way the brighten up the car. I was one of the guys that came down from Montana, there were 11 of us. One of our group was hypnotized at the banquet on Friday night, that was pretty hysterical! Did you enjoy the weekend?

yes, I remember! Good meeting you . My stepson was also a victim of the Hypnotist. Here are a couple of pics from Vegas.

Continuation cars, post-2885-1141106535_thumb.jpgFremont street,post-2885-1141106653_thumb.jpg Poker Rally,post-2885-1141106460_thumb.jpg and Shelby Factorypost-2885-1141106315_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1141106315_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1141106460_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1141106535_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1141106653_thumb.jpg

yes, I remember! Good meeting you . My stepson was also a victim of the Hypnotist. Here are a couple of pics from Vegas.

Continuation cars, post-2885-1141106535_thumb.jpgFremont street,post-2885-1141106653_thumb.jpg Poker Rally,post-2885-1141106460_thumb.jpg and Shelby Factorypost-2885-1141106315_thumb.jpg

I loved those two Gulfstream Aqua '69's - they were beautiful! I wish they still offered colors like that!

I just got done watching the video of the hypnotist, which one of the victims is your stepson?

Archived