TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ebay Item - Smells a little fishy

GTH391

I agree something just doesn't sound right.

The seller is selling or has sold several cars although this ebay account but it is only two months old. Makes me believe they have another ebay account that may be closed or have bad feedback??

Besides no vin # provided and no mention of a title which is why he's probably looking for an out of country buyer.

Steve

The seller is selling or has sold several cars although this ebay account but it is only two months old. Makes me believe they have another ebay account that may be closed or have bad feedback??

Besides no vin # provided and no mention of a title which is why he's probably looking for an out of country buyer.

Steve

Steve, I think you might be correct on the title. Most likely does not exist.

Steve

I think it's funny that EVERYTHING was removed. There is a VIN but someone would first need to contact SAI to verify that this car, or at least that VIN, was a GTH. I there are some situations where you can not fix a car and re-title and re-register not sure what those are or if that is a factor here. Ask our friends Unique Performance! :hysterical:

If there were pics there are things you could look for. CS front and rear fascia, hood pin cut outs, side scoops or residue from them and the large hertz emblems, etc.

I asked for pics out of curiosity.

I think it's funny that EVERYTHING was removed. There is a VIN but someone would first need to contact SAI to verify that this car, or at least that VIN, was a GTH.

Good catch Jeff. I missed looking for it there.

The vin is 1ZVHT85H775347164

CarFax says it has six records on file for this car.

Steve

I agree. No pictures of the actual vehicle.

There is where it gets confusing. Are the ebay pics of the car he's selling or another car?

The mileage speedo pic of 9085 matches his auction description and he doesn't say the pics are of another car.

So did he put all the Shelby parts back on minus the dash plaque and possibly the engine plaque?

Or is this a completely different car? If so that's real shady.

I wonder if the vin number was removed from the dash and thats why he wants to sell out of the country?

Steve

There is where it gets confusing. Are the ebay pics of the car he's selling or another car?

The mileage speedo pic of 9085 matches his auction description and he doesn't say the pics are of another car.

So did he put all the Shelby parts back on minus the dash plaque and possibly the engine plaque?

Or is this a completely different car? If so that's real shady.

I wonder if the vin number was removed from the dash and thats why he wants to sell out of the country?

Steve

The pics are a mix of just pics of some GTH not this car and I guess this car. It does have the light bar so that's a plus! It shows the engine, CAI, but for some reason not the area that shows the hood pin cut outs or where the SAI badge was. Not sure what to make of it. I've had no responses to my emails so who knows.

Any body have a ten foot pole?

I thought it didn't look right. Too many inconsistencies. It'll be interesting to watch what this auction does.

Well if his auction is for what remains of a stripped Hertz car with at best a salvaged title his $23,000 reserve NOT met price seems to be..........................

I'll let you fill in the rest.

Steve

Here is some information about us:

We have about 25 employees on and off we have been doing business in the same location for the past 15 years and have always just done wholesale car sales basically dealer to dealer, as many as 180 per month, Mostly buying at auctions or car rental companies and refurbishing them, mainly Detail and some paint if need it; we sell these back to auctions or direct to dealerships all over the US.

Now that things are skinny in the car business, I have decided to expand our retail business thru EBay, because the only people saying that they are selling anything have told me that they are selling it thru EBay!

In addition, do not worry about us, trying to defraud or rip you off in any way, if my secretary or me happen to make a mistake in the description or fact or you just do not see it eye to eye with my description, I will guaranteed you we will work it out! Even if is to make everyone happy we will scratch out the sale.

Now please do not take this as a push over, because I definitely do not have time to fool around with buyers who are not serious and please if you buy something and its perfect and you try to say its not, neither of us will be happy!

Thanks

George Seekford

President

If you have, any questions please feel free to call me at my cell 813-220-9485, this has been my number for the past 16 years, you can reach me at any time, but please do not wear me out with any crazy offers or questions that you can answer on you own by reading the add

post-4213-1221965152.gif post-4213-1221965152.gif post-4213-1221965152.gif post-4213-1221965152.gif post-4213-1221965152.gif post-4213-1221965152.gif

I'm not a Law Enforcement Profiler, but anyone who feels the need to pontificate how genuine and legitimate they and/or their business is would be a red flag to any physiologist or trained LEO about scam artists. IMO, this fellow is almost hostle in his efforts to convince potenal buyers that the car and sale are legit.

Already aplogizing for any potental mistakes that he and or his secretary made have made in describing the car? That's very odd.

Other comments like "please don't take this as a push over" and "I don't have time to fool around with buyers who are not serious" and then saying (paraphrasing) "please do be upset if you are buying something that's perfect and then say that it's not"

If he has, as he states "always done wholesale car sales basically dealer to dealer", then how could he "have decided to expand our retail business thru EBay"? How do you expand something that you are saying that you have not done before?

These are serious indicators of a red flag purchase IMO, and I'm quite suprised that no one has reported this sale to the Ebay police. post-4213-1221965152.gif

post-4213-1221965152.gif

Here is some information about us:

We have about 25 employees on and off we have been doing business in the same location for the past 15 years and have always just done wholesale car sales basically dealer to dealer, as many as 180 per month, Mostly buying at auctions or car rental companies and refurbishing them, mainly Detail and some paint if need it; we sell these back to auctions or direct to dealerships all over the US.

Now that things are skinny in the car business, I have decided to expand our retail business thru EBay, because the only people saying that they are selling anything have told me that they are selling it thru EBay!

In addition, do not worry about us, trying to defraud or rip you off in any way, if my secretary or me happen to make a mistake in the description or fact or you just do not see it eye to eye with my description, I will guaranteed you we will work it out! Even if is to make everyone happy we will scratch out the sale.

Now please do not take this as a push over, because I definitely do not have time to fool around with buyers who are not serious and please if you buy something and its perfect and you try to say its not, neither of us will be happy!

Thanks

George Seekford

President

If you have, any questions please feel free to call me at my cell 813-220-9485, this has been my number for the past 16 years, you can reach me at any time, but please do not wear me out with any crazy offers or questions that you can answer on you own by reading the add

post-4213-1221965152.gif post-4213-1221965152.gif post-4213-1221965152.gif post-4213-1221965152.gif post-4213-1221965152.gif post-4213-1221965152.gif

I'm not a Law Enforcement Profiler, but anyone who feels the need to pontificate how genuine and legitimate they and/or their business is would be a red flag to any physiologist or trained LEO about scam artists. IMO, this fellow is almost hostle in his efforts to convince potenal buyers that the car and sale are legit.

Already aplogizing for any potental mistakes that he and or his secretary made have made in describing the car? That's very odd.

Other comments like "please don't take this as a push over" and "I don't have time to fool around with buyers who are not serious" and then saying (paraphrasing) "please do be upset if you are buying something that's perfect and then say that it's not"

If he has, as he states "always done wholesale car sales basically dealer to dealer", then how could he "have decided to expand our retail business thru EBay"? How do you expand something that you are saying that you have not done before?

These are serious indicators of a red flag purchase IMO, and I'm quite suprised that no one has reported this sale to the Ebay police. post-4213-1221965152.gif

First off, he seems extremely defensive. :redcard:

Second, he has to explain how he does business. :redcard:

Lastly, he tries to make the customer look like the bad guy! :redcard:

Way too many red flags to even consider this a buy.

I am interested in a GT H vert, and have been tracking E-bay for some time to get a feel for the pricing This auction is for a relisting, the first listing ended Sept. 10, had 7 bids and the highest bid was $27,611 !!!!!

I guess there are at least eight people who should be reading this forum.

• 1 month later...

Well the seller has relisted this Hertz 3 or 4 more times since the start of this thread.

They just relisted it again but this time they have added a $24,000 Buy It Now option.

A direct quote from their auction description:

****you can not not not register this car in the united states without an act of congress****

Something is just not right here.

Steve

Archived