TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 reactions

thewheelman

Big family time here in KY over turkey day and the GT 500 was the center of attention (after the turkey & dressing). Weather was pleasant here too--low 50's so today I loaded my 3 cousins in.....a really tight fit for 4 big guys, especially after the meals lately....and took them for a spin. We were all grinning so big when we got back.......I didn't really romp on it from a standing start but got it rolling good and punched it in second. When I hit third and it broke loose with the 4 of us in it....now that was impressive. One of my cousins runs cars for a lease company that caters to the journalists. Last week he delivered a Challenger SRT/8 and drove home a Viper--about 150 miles each way. He said the Viper was a rocket but not so nearly livable as the Shelby and the SRT/8 was very refined and muscular, but nothing to hold a candle to the Shelby. After that we put the top down and cruised the kids around. They were all suitably impressed....I had a blast!

I also did the Thanksgiving day drive the inlaws around. They were extremely impressed especially when they drove the car. I've had the thumbs up from the econobox drivers and the questions at the gas station which I always answer politely. The funniest comment I had was when I was driving next to a guy in a tricked out Roush of some variety. At a stoplight we rolled down the windows and I commented "Nice car." He replied "Back at you...Sexy." I took it to mean the car and or my wife who was sitting next to me. At least I hope that's what he meant.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had countless reactions, countless people taking pics, etc. I even had one guy ask me if he could take pics while I was stationary in a McDonald's drive thru lane.

Same here on the pictures. Had one guy drive past me and take a picture back from his cell phone. Lots of "thumbs up" from people who know about cars.

Archived