TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traction Control

70SCJ

Temp was about 65 deg on the way home last night. About 40mph I dropped the hammer. Even with the M/T 305's the T/C engaged almost immediately. Sounded like I was peddling as the tires hooked then spun, hooked and spun again. With the F1's on the T/C couldn't keep up at any temp and the tires just spun until I let off. I'm running about 575rwhp and enjoy every minute.

Temp was about 65 deg on the way home last night. About 40mph I dropped the hammer. Even with the M/T 305's the T/C engaged almost immediately. Sounded like I was peddling as the tires hooked then spun, hooked and spun again. With the F1's on the T/C couldn't keep up at any temp and the tires just spun until I let off. I'm running about 575rwhp and enjoy every minute.

I do not have my car yet but how do you turn OFF the traction control?? Does anyone every drive with their traction control always turned offf?

theres a little button to the right of the cigarette lighter tcs on/off......i just turn it of when i want to do power slides with it on i get about half way sideways then it shut down

I've found that if the T/C is on during a hard race, the car just seems to lose some ground if pushed hard enough for the T/C to control the wheel spin. However, with the T/C off (just push the button next to the cigarette lighter plug) and you have to learn to feather the throttle or you will start spinning in first, second and I've gotten a little squirmy going into third.

I got my first dose of non-tcs tonight....scary, lol. I have been following this thread and decided to try it on the way home from work, at about 11 pm. I switched it off and hammered it coming out of first....wow, I haven't felt a tail wag like that since I drove a 7 liter Galaxie back in the day! Awesome! You know, as quick as this car is in any gear, I think 2nd scares me most....geez, it just sort of picks the front end up, squats on it's haunches and leaps.....all that screaming and howling....and over the wife, I can hear the supercharger whine....

Still grinning!

I took my stock 2008 GT500 down to the local track for some 1/4 mile times. They didn't have the track prepped because it was open street night. My best times were with the traction control on. I get a bit out of shape with the traction control off going from 2nd to 3rd half way down the track! Saw a guy in a 2005 GT do a full 360 at mid track, so I decided to stay with the traction control on. It cut my speed down, but I made it down the track in a straight line! Best time 13.96 @ 104.19 mph. :shift: Craziest part of the night was watching a guy in a $200,000 Corvette twin turbo blow up his drive train!!!!! His tag SUX2BEME!! A bit to ironic!!

Archived