TEAM SHELBY FORUM

mp3 arrangement

thewheelman

I've never had a vehicle with an mp3 player and I'm trying to copy some to cd to load up in the GT 500. I've dumped all my cds onto my computer along with some of my vinyl collection. Almost all are in wma format. As I'm converting them to mp3, I'm wondering, is there an "arrangement" that works better than others? I'm not familiar with the folder, shuffle, etc. of the mp3 player.

Thanks!

I've never had a vehicle with an mp3 player and I'm trying to copy some to cd to load up in the GT 500. I've dumped all my cds onto my computer along with some of my vinyl collection. Almost all are in wma format. As I'm converting them to mp3, I'm wondering, is there an "arrangement" that works better than others? I'm not familiar with the folder, shuffle, etc. of the mp3 player.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that the CD player will play your wma music files. You shouldn't have to convert them all to mp3.

The folder set-up is pretty simple. If you have 3 songs by Pearl Jam, 3 songs by STP, 5 songs by AC/DC, just create the folders (Pearl Jam, STP, AC/DC) on the CD or your hard drive and dump the music files in the appropriate folders. Once the CD is loaded in your GT500 you can go to whichever folder you wish and pick the song you want. This alleviates the need to hit the > to scroll through all of the songs on the CD.

If you're using your mp3 player with the LINE IN, you can use the contols on your mp3 player to get to the music you want to listen to. Just transfer your music from your computer HD to the mp3 player and it will load the song, artist, genre, favorites, etc. Using the functions on your mp3 player find the artist, song, or genre that you want to listen to and hit play.

Hope this helps.

I'm pretty sure that the CD player will play your wma music files. You shouldn't have to convert them all to mp3.

Been there.

Done that.

Lost the t-shirt.

I had one CD that got ripped by Windows Media Player to .wma format, and I copied the folder to the CD and it kept skipping over it. For the longest time I thought it might have had an 8-folder limit, then I found that the file format wasn't mp3...

One minor nuance that afflicts the Shaker head units is thier inability to display ID3 v2 tags. They can only display V1 tags. The nav unit displays full text from v2 tags and even sorts by tags.

If you are burning mp3 cds for a shaker, delete the v2 tags, make sure the v1's are complete and it will display artist, track name, and album name while playing.

Place the files in folders named

artist\album\00 filename.mp3

where 00 is the track number. It will then sort properly by artist and album, and play in the correct track number order.

Archived