TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1965 Terlingua Racing Team Pit Flag Arrived!!!

SpeedRacer

The Terlingua Racing Team Pit Flag from Green Valley Raceway, circa 1965 has arrived and all I can say is WOW!!! It is made of high grade cotton. The Logo and letters are individually cut out pieces of cloth and handmade--on both sides of the Flag!

I bought the flag on Ebay from the son of 1960's Race Car Driver & 1960's Sothwest Director of SCCA--Lars Giertz. He use to race with Shelby, Phil Hill, Ken Miles, etc. in the early 60's. When he was SW Director of SCCA he obtained this flag at Green Valley Raceway in Texas. Lars was also an experimental aircraft designer and pilot. He died recently in his experimental airplane crash--The VMax.

I am going to have Carroll and Bill Neale sign this at Terlingua!

Stuart

CIMG0426.jpg

CIMG0427.jpg

CIMG0430.jpg

CIMG0432.jpg

I want a flag like this....looked all over the net but no luck... :banghead:

I sure hope that there will be atleast somthing like this one at the event.

If SpeedRacer would be so kind to give us the dimensions it should be too hard to make. Wont be an original but would be cool to hang in the garage.

I want a flag like this....looked all over the net but no luck... :banghead:

I sure hope that there will be atleast somthing like this one at the event.

Chris,

You won't find these. This TRT pit flag is from 1965-67--very rare. If you do find one buy it! You'll get to see it at Terlingua... I'm going to get Carroll & Bill Neale to sign it.

Stuart

It was in my watched items when it was on Ebay, but I thought it was a little pricey, so I hoped no one would bid and he would drop the price...that and I worried about bidding against other TS members...

I wont say what Stuart paid, but he is a dedicated TRT member, and should have a place at the front of the autograph line for sure!

You have a special peice of history there, congrats again! :happy feet:

Archived