TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Exhaust sound

sbornitz

Ok now that many of you have changed out the exhaust systems the rest of us in Material Hold hell would love to hear them. After all I want to ask for an exhaust system for Christmas. I know my wife will get me one. When we got married she bought me a Micron system :cheerleader: for my R1 at the time. Gotta give props to the Women that love motors.

In any event I know there are Ford, Corsa, and a few others out there. So let's hear some clips. Oh yeah and put your foot into it. We want more than just the idle. A nice take off :shift: would be really nice along with a couple of higher revs. :woohoo:

Just trying to be helpful. :banghead:

Wildosvt stated in Post #4 at http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ic=1979&hl=

"The GT500 does'nt sound much different then a GT. Ive heard both numerous times.

And I have good hearing."

If you disagree, argue with him.

But this is a Shelby...it must have a "holier" (is that how you'd spell "more holy"?) sound. :hysterical:

Just kidding guys. :doh:

Dave

Just trying to be helpful. :banghead:

Wildosvt stated in Post #4 at http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ic=1979&hl=

"The GT500 does'nt sound much different then a GT. Ive heard both numerous times.

And I have good hearing."

If you disagree, argue with him.

If he is talking about a Mustang GT - I have owned both, and I generally agree. :baby:

Sound's good when it rev's. but sound's like a popcorn machine at idle

No, Its more like a Mercruiser engine on a boat (Man you should hear them on a C5 Vette!!!). Everyone knows what a boat sounds like when idling, Don't they? I cannot see paying all that extra money for stainless muff's though.

See my reference in post #4 in above link. :hysterical:

Orf, Nothing personal towards you bud!, EVERYONE has their personal preference. Corsa is yours and I hope they bring you goose bumps everytime you start that baby up! :rockon:

Here is the Flowmaster kit for the GT on a GT500.

Its Dgussin's car.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/gt500/...83701569366.htm

No, Its more like a Mercruiser engine on a boat (Man you should hear them on a C5 Vette!!!). Everyone knows what a boat sounds like when idling, Don't they? I cannot see paying all that extra money for stainless muff's though.

See my reference in post #4 in above link. :hysterical:

Orf, Nothing personal towards you bud!, EVERYONE has their personal preference. Corsa is yours and I hope they bring you goose bumps everytime you start that baby up! :rockon:

Here is the Flowmaster kit for the GT on a GT500.

Its Dgussin's car.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/gt500/...83701569366.htm

I'm not a big fan of Flowmasters, but they sure sounded better than the Corsas.

Yes and no. The camera was down near the ground, so the sound is a little different. Idle is tough to capture, especially after reving to 4000 then right down to 800. The engine almost sounds like its near stalling. Maybe it has to do with the throttle by wire. I don't know.

I guess my love of the sound of boats is what drew me to the Corsas. Paraphrasing what wildosvt said above, to each his own. I like them, so that's all that matters to me. I like the sound when accelerating, and really like it when I downshift at speed.

I had a bad experience with some Gibsons on an Expedition with the 5.4L. The drone at 1800 to 2200 rpm was very annoying. I can attest that the Corsas exhibit zero drone at any rpm range.

I guess the exhaust note falls into the same category as color. Everyone has their favorites.

I have Flowmasters on my 06 GT auto and just put them on my Shelby. They sound very different on the Shelby. Seems to have some drone, but need to break them in to be sure. Man they stink the first time they get hot.

How about a little sound clip and maybe a little video. :rockon:

Yes and no. The camera was down near the ground, so the sound is a little different. Idle is tough to capture, especially after reving to 4000 then right down to 800. The engine almost sounds like its near stalling. Maybe it has to do with the throttle by wire. I don't know.

I guess my love of the sound of boats is what drew me to the Corsas. Paraphrasing what wildosvt said above, to each his own. I like them, so that's all that matters to me. I like the sound when accelerating, and really like it when I downshift at speed.

I had a bad experience with some Gibsons on an Expedition with the 5.4L. The drone at 1800 to 2200 rpm was very annoying. I can attest that the Corsas exhibit zero drone at any rpm range.

I guess the exhaust note falls into the same category as color. Everyone has their favorites.

I have Corsas on my Baja 202 Islander with captains call. I know what you mean, Orf.

It's hard to tell with a recording, but if I had to decide i'd have to say the Fowmasters sound better.

I would like to see a variety of sound clips, including the factory system to get a better evaluation. I may stay with the facory stuff, its quiet but doesn't sound half bad to me. :party:

+1

Took my Shelby out for a long drive with the new Flows on. The drone is terrible in 6th gear around 65-70mph. I am going to have to take them off. They sound completley different than the same Flows on my 06GT auto. I am really dissappointed in these on the Shelby.

I don't have a clue how to do a sound clip, but trust me the drone is terrible in 6th.

Took my Shelby out for a long drive with the new Flows on. The drone is terrible in 6th gear around 65-70mph. I am going to have to take them off. They sound completley different than the same Flows on my 06GT auto. I am really dissappointed in these on the Shelby.

I don't have a clue how to do a sound clip, but trust me the drone is terrible in 6th.

Would that be Flowmasters or Magnaflows?

Would really like to hear a set of SLP loudmouth pipes on a Shelby. I heard them on a GT and they really were not that loud. Nothing like the sound of no mufflers on older mustangs. They really sounded good. Guy said no drone at all. I know they will sound different on the Shelby.

I called Flowmaster today and told tech support about the drone. He said he was surprised they fit on the GT500 :censored: He was going to talk to one of the big wigs and they might get back to me. :baby:

I called Flowmaster today and told tech support about the drone. He said he was surprised they fit on the GT500 :censored: He was going to talk to one of the big wigs and they might get back to me. :baby:

I'm really surprised. I've loved Flowmasters since they first came out, they really shouldn't drone like straight thru designs do (Magnaflows and others) as Flowmasters use the baffle design and not the straight thru tube and packing

Archived