TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Large rock damage…

Bye_For_Now

I was driving on the highway yesterday and out of nowhere a large block (about the size of a half a brick) flies up and hits at the top of windshield and roofline. The glass is covered by my insurance, but I’m guessing the roofline mark is not.

Does anyone know how much I can expect to pay a body shop to replace one roof stripe? I don’t think there is a dent/crease under the stripe.

GlassandRoof.jpg

RoofDamage-Closeup.jpg

Thanks

First, your Lucky you only have that small amount of damage. I know, I know, no amount of damage on this car should be called a small amount.

If i recall correctly 3m makes a tape called silver metallic, or something like that, that is the same color. Any local stripe should should be able to accomidate you. If your glass is covered I wouldnt go through your insurance co for the tape though. It should come no where close to $1000, maybe a couple hundred at most???

If you do go with the 3m tape I would consider redoing both top stripes. Just incase one fades just slightly different then the other with them being as close to each other. Shouldnt be an issue with the hood or trunk stripes though.

Just a thought!

Has anyone here had to replace a roof stripe before? Any clue as to what type of costs I'm facing?

I have extra silver stripes it shelby OEM don't ask how I got it if you like I can send u some I should have enough to spare for your roof. and maybe a body shop can fill dent only then stripe it low cost fix and none the wise my kid looking for a replacement car

post-18733-1221617547_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1221617547_thumb.jpg

Unlike a warranty repair you can order the stripes direct from SPP but you will have to prove ownership and they aren't cheap! Some things to keep in mind. The stripes shipping now, unless you get word otherwise, are different than the ones that came with the car. They are far better quality, thicker, and a deeper richer color. This means they will not match your other stripes. The difference isn't huge but enough to make you think twice paying the extra $$$ for pre-cut stripes from SPP vs. what any good stripe shop can match for far less. In your favor is that it's the roof, simple straight lines, not something people see much of so some small variation, SPP or 3rd party, really isn't a big deal.

I would get a quote from SPP then find some REALLY good auto graphics shops and get some prices from them being sure to request sample swatches to match.

Good luck!

P.S. Remember! 1" apart!

I have extra silver stripes it shelby OEM don't ask how I got it if you like I can send u some I should have enough to spare for your roof. and maybe a body shop can fill dent only then stripe it low cost fix and none the wise my kid looking for a replacement car

The best thing about this post it not the fact I cant read it or it lacks punctuation, but the fact its been edited and I still cant read it and it still lacks punctuation. :headscratch:

Jeff, that's an option I had dismissed-sorry Reino. I wasn't aware that the stripes could be duplicated. I'll keep you guys updated to what I do and the costs involved.

Yeah, if the stripes were going to be the same I wouldn't get involved with another vendor but they aren't so other than the fact they are pre-cut, there really is no reason to go with SPP at the price they charge. If this was the sides, front or rear facia then I would say go with SPP but hood and roof, out of warranty, not so much.

Good luck!

I was driving on the highway yesterday and out of nowhere a large block (about the size of a half a brick) flies up and hits at the top of windshield and roofline. The glass is covered by my insurance, but I’m guessing the roofline mark is not.

Does anyone know how much I can expect to pay a body shop to replace one roof stripe? I don’t think there is a dent/crease under the stripe.

Thanks

I have the stripes that are for the roof free of charge here are the pics I can mail it or maybe meet half way if my wife lets me PM me and let me know what works for you. I'm retired so time is no problem.

post-18733-1221706398_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1221706429_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1221706462_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1221706398_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1221706429_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1221706462_thumb.jpg

The best thing about this post it not the fact I cant read it or it lacks punctuation, but the fact its been edited and I still cant read it and it still lacks punctuation. :headscratch:

sorry you got confused but bye for now got the message. I do better next time me make perfect sentance :drool: me not a smart man me dumb man you like good spel me do :drool::drool::drool::finger::finger:

:o NOOOO

probably some stupid kid throwin crap.

yea like jeff said the replacement stripes from Shelby are a little different. the silver is a little more briliant deeper tone but not too different from the original. and the new stripes apear to be about 1/8" wider. if all u need is for the roof it probably wont be noticeable but i would go with a more affordable set of stripes since its only the roof.

:o NOOOO

probably some stupid kid throwin crap.

yea like jeff said the replacement stripes from Shelby are a little different. the silver is a little more briliant deeper tone but not too different from the original. and the new stripes apear to be about 1/8" wider. if all u need is for the roof it probably wont be noticeable but i would go with a more affordable set of stripes since its only the roof.

You think they are 1/8" wider? Why do you think that? Did you measured your new stripes and find them different? I have new ones on my hood and they are the same width. When you tell me stuff like this it really scares me and makes me wonder what you have.

I have the stripes that are for the roof free of charge here are the pics I can mail it or maybe meet half way if my wife lets me PM me and let me know what works for you. I'm retired so time is no problem.

They don't look too bad. For free I would give these a try! Don't worry about the effects from being rolled that will stretch out...there are some kinks, not too bad, but you won't know until you actually try to put them on the car. A good car graphics shop can look at them and give you a better and professional opinion.

Nice gesture Racer X!

They don't look too bad. For free I would give these a try! Don't worry about the effects from being rolled that will stretch out...there are some kinks, not too bad, but you won't know until you actually try to put them on the car. A good car graphics shop can look at them and give you a better and professional opinion.

Nice gesture Racer X!

Thank u and the stripes are fine it's been rolled the whole time and they are perfect match.The kit has all stripe for Sgt, he should be happy.

Archived