TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Completed my first oil change

GT500SC07

post-2999-1159670192_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1159670276_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1159670341_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1159670382_thumb.jpg

When changing the oil there is a support bracket located right under the oil filter, that bracket has three holes in it. I took some plastic and covered up the cross member so that oil would not run all over it and into the cross member holes. I might be anal but it kept the car pretty clean on the under side. Over all it was very easy to get to the filter, godzilla must have torqued that oil filter, it was a bugger to break loose.

The garage belongs to my Uncle, He plans to buy the Challenger next fall, he's a retired Chrysler dude. I am

the guy who took the photo of the shelby with my daughters little peddle stang. My garage is still in the works. I have a question for you guys, I would like to buy a four post lift for my garage as soon as I replenish my bank account, dealer ADM CLEANED ME OUT. Does anyone now where you can pick up a good lift for a reasonable amount?

post-2999-1159670192_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1159670276_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1159670341_thumb.jpg

post-2999-1159670382_thumb.jpg

I have some links & on my work computer that can help you out. check back Moday for the links. I think one is from Greg Smith inc.. ranging from $1295 to $2000. Check the Michigan auto & RV book

Awesome Garage....Same plan here to build on mine..looking to get one of these...any thoughts seems reasonable for 3K

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ADME:B:EF:US:11

Thanks for posting the PICS...

Cheers,

Requis

post-2999-1159670192_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1159670276_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1159670341_thumb.jpgpost-2999-1159670382_thumb.jpg

When changing the oil there is a support bracket located right under the oil filter, that bracket has three holes in it. I took some plastic and covered up the cross member so that oil would not run all over it and into the cross member holes. I might be anal but it kept the car pretty clean on the under side. Over all it was very easy to get to the filter, godzilla must have torqued that oil filter, it was a bugger to break loose.

The garage belongs to my Uncle, He plans to buy the Challenger next fall, he's a retired Chrysler dude. I am

the guy who took the photo of the shelby with my daughters little peddle stang. My garage is still in the works. I have a question for you guys, I would like to buy a four post lift for my garage as soon as I replenish my bank account, dealer ADM CLEANED ME OUT. Does anyone now where you can pick up a good lift for a reasonable amount?

I've seen operating rooms that were not as clean as that garage.

just curious.....

how many miles were on it when you changed the oil?

400 miles, I like to flush a new vehicle, it can't hurt.

I believe I have garage envy.

Where did your Uncle get the ramps?

The name of the company is called quicklift.com

400 miles, I like to flush a new vehicle, it can't hurt.

The name of the company is called quicklift.com

How does that lift work & what is it made of ,looks like a plastic? Went to quicklift .com only found boat lifts.

Your thoughts on this lift?

I would strongly urge a 4 post lift. I have two in my garage and they are the best for working on the car underneath. You get much better access and leverage when you can stand up. ARESCO is the company I bought from in Michigan. Steve; great guy. 3K with drip trays and ramps, installed. And by the way, you do NOT want to try put one of these together by yourself.

I would strongly urge a 4 post lift. I have two in my garage and they are the best for working on the car underneath. You get much better access and leverage when you can stand up. ARESCO is the company I bought from in Michigan. Steve; great guy. 3K with drip trays and ramps, installed. And by the way, you do NOT want to try put one of these together by yourself.

68KR07Shelby, are you getting a 07 Shelby? If you have one what color combo did you go with and where do you live? I am in the rochester area. I was planning to install a four post lift and I have checked out ARESCO'S shop in Pontiac, just trying to pull the cash together, that dealer ADM drained my slush fund.

68KR07Shelby, are you getting a 07 Shelby? If you have one what color combo did you go with and where do you live? I am in the rochester area. I was planning to install a four post lift and I have checked out ARESCO'S shop in Pontiac, just trying to pull the cash together, that dealer ADM drained my slush fund.

Yes mine is already in my garage. I have a lift waiting to be installed. I have it scheduled for the 27th. Steve is great and the lifts are top quality. Highly recommend them. My car is Vista Blue no stripes and I live in Grosse Pointe

Archived