TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Complimented by many.

FordRocks1

Well folks today is another reason why these SGTs will be forever a one of a kind of Shelby that are truly limited and a great crowd attention getter. There were over 200 mustangs that participated in the South Florida 9/11 Tribute run to honor the 9/11 victims and to raise money for the organization called

For the fallen. It was a great event,only me buddy Ben and I had a SGT and so many questions came our way. Even a GT500 owner said man, "I thought I'd have a one of kind of Shelby", for there were countless GT500s and only 2 SGTs. He even stated that although he may have the HP our SGTs has a more out of the box fun factor for road courses and a no S@#! limited run of Shelby ride. In any case it was a great day and beautiful weather. Here are some pics, too many to load up. Mustangs as far as the eye (or may camera ) can see.Only one SS,KR and one Shelby Hertz.

DSC03258.jpg

DSC03259.jpg

DSC03260.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

DSC03263.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

DSC03265.jpg

DSC03266.jpg

DSC03267.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

nice pics...where's ur car? :lurk:

It's up there...the SGT with the red fender stripes, oh those got so many compliments also,glad that Roger and others has provided the stories as how those came about in order for me to explain to others.

I'm pretty sure now it will be a matter of time before this catches on down here in South Florida. :happy feet:

DSC03307.jpg

No that is not a sticker on the front fender, its just a decal that says that we are part of the group so FHP knew who is who so no other non participants would join in and sadly enough I just got word that one of our local members got his 03 cobra totaled by some knuckle head, he was rear ended by a non-member/nonparticipant :cry:

No offense taken. Both videos you posted were both first time runs as a Super Snake so you are correct I still need more seat time. I offered to be the last car in line on the run to the Keys. The wife gave me that deer in the head light look when I told her we would be the last car. So they had me go over with the FHP on how to do things. It was better then running on a road course. Having the end FHP car behind me when ever a car not in the group cut in front I would move over a little and he would move up and blast him with his siren. Then they would have other FHP cars lead through traffic cars that got left behind. I would motion them in in front of me. A few times they even stopped traffic to let everyone get in line together. At least a half a dozen times I drop out of line and chase down a mustang which had gotten broken from the group. With the FHP slowing down to stay behind me and holding off traffic. What a trip!!! The tail trooper pulled up next to us when we got there and thanked me for my help and said the car really looked good running after the lost cars. I only got to 100 a couple times chasing down the wayward mustangs. Looking forward to next year. Coming in last at this event had its advantages. Oh the wife said she didn't realize how much fun these car shows and runs are even being the last car. It was really her first real event.

No offense taken. Both videos you posted were both first time runs as a Super Snake so you are correct I still need more seat time. I offered to be the last car in line on the run to the Keys. The wife gave me that deer in the head light look when I told her we would be the last car. So they had me go over with the FHP on how to do things. It was better then running on a road course. Having the end FHP car behind me when ever a car not in the group cut in front I would move over a little and he would move up and blast him with his siren. Then they would have other FHP cars lead through traffic cars that got left behind. I would motion them in in front of me. A few times they even stopped traffic to let everyone get in line together. At least a half a dozen times I drop out of line and chase down a mustang which had gotten broken from the group. With the FHP slowing down to stay behind me and holding off traffic. What a trip!!! The tail trooper pulled up next to us when we got there and thanked me for my help and said the car really looked good running after the lost cars. I only got to 100 a couple times chasing down the wayward mustangs. Looking forward to next year. Coming in last at this event had its advantages. Oh the wife said she didn't realize how much fun these car shows and runs are even being the last car. It was really her first real event.

First off I'd like to apologize for my earlier comments, I only made my comments based on the you tube videos. Secondly, I did see you go up to the main guy during our brief to say that you'll be the last guy in which I thought you should've been first being the only SS out there. In any case, it was a great run indeed.

What a great way to honor those who left us that black day in 2001. Great pix for those who couldn't be there. My brother was the Fire Chief of the town I was raised in central NJ at that time. He was at Ground Zero almost from the start for the rescue and recovery effort. His volunteer crew just knew they had to go to the City. These guys went without regard fo their own safety first. This is what Americans did and still do.

Nothing says "All American" like a Mustang, and naturally a Shelby, to boot. I have attended several shows this spring and summer, including the MCA Grand National show and you're right about the ratio of GT 500s to SGTs. More that once I have been the only SGT out of several hundred cars entered. Kinda nice to be that unique.

Thanks for sharing this event with us..........................

• 2 weeks later...
This was the only accident.... :cry:

IMG_1246.jpg

The shame is that it was caused by a pick-up that did not appear to be part of our convoy which kept bumper to bumper stangs in line from Davie to Islamorada with the help of FHP which did a fabulous job of blocking oncoming ramps and other non stangs.

As someone who lost a firefighter relative in the WTC on 9/11 this was a special day. I was actually able to pull his picture off of a board they had at the tribute and wear it that day in his honor. I have a few video clips I will upload as soon as I figure out how to upload mov. files from a new JVC HDD camcorder I have.

Archived