TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Corvette Z06 v. 2008 Shelby GT500KR

08KR

I ran against a 2007 Z06 yesterday from a 25 or so mph roll, and all I ever saw was his taillights, mind you at most he was 2 or 3 car lengths ahead of me, this is a fast car but needs bigger tires to grip, the Z06 has massive meats on it, with those and loosing the rev limiter this car would be leathal. I love my car either way and although it is not as refined and lacks some of the Corvette's features it turns more heads than a naked hitch hiker who resembles Heather Locklear.

I ran against a 2007 Z06 yesterday from a 25 or so mph roll, and all I ever saw was his taillights, mind you at most he was 2 or 3 car lengths ahead of me, this is a fast car but needs bigger tires to grip, the Z06 has massive meats on it, with those and loosing the rev limiter this car would be leathal. I love my car either way and although it is not as refined and lacks some of the Corvette's features it turns more heads than a naked hitch hiker who resembles Heather Locklear.

The Z gets faster and faster the higher the MPH goes. Don't forget it is a 3150 lb car that can nearly hit 200MPH.

Next they will compare a Ferrari with an F150. I love those apples to oranges comparisons. Some how they put HP in a class. Now lets see how their mouths drop when they compare the Camero to the GT500 class.. we will see who eats crow then... but a Vette, come on Edmond's get a clue.

Next they will compare a Ferrari with an F150. I love those apples to oranges comparisons. Some how they put HP in a class. Now lets see how their mouths drop when they compare the Camero to the GT500 class.. we will see who eats crow then... but a Vette, come on Edmond's get a clue.

+1

Also edmunds hates Fords they, love making them look bad. According to Edmunds a Convertible GT500 is faster than a KR coupe around the cones 69 mph to 65 for the KR. Either that KR was running on 7 or they put oil on the tire's.

Thats my take too. Edmunds isnt a Ford lover. The GT500 stock was able to do low to mid 12's and a 0-60 time of 4.6

So why would a KR with more hp .... sticker tires pull worse times unless its the driver.

Something isnt right ! :censored:

+2

Z06 = Ford GT (2-seater sports cars)

GT500 = Challanger = 2010 Camaro (4-seater Gran Touring cars)

I can't wait to see the Challanger at the track (road course), we still have to wait a while for the new Camaro to show up...

+2

Z06 = Ford GT (2-seater sports cars)

GT500 = Challanger = 2010 Camaro (4-seater Gran Touring cars)

I can't wait to see the Challanger at the track (road course), we still have to wait a while for the new Camaro to show up...

+3

Archived