TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jones Motor Company (Savannah TN)

mrfarmdog

As some of you know I have made several posts about issues I have had with the dealer I was working with – Jones Motor Company, located in Savannah TN. To put this dealership in perspective they are a non SVT/non PA dealer with one GT500 allocation for the year. I have not mentioned their name up to this point, primarily because I did not want to upset the deal with them or create issues that would jeopardize my car or my $5K deposit (which I finally have back in my account). Over the past few months I have been increasingly upset with the way I was being treated and started looking for an alternative dealer.

LSR, on this site, introduced me to a new dealer a couple of weeks ago and for that I am extremely grateful. I have since cancelled my order through Jones Motor Company and am back to Material Hold status through my new dealer that is SVT/PA certified. I do sleep much better at night now because I feel I am now working with a dealership I can trust. Waiting for your dream car for months is hard enough without dealing with people that treat you so bad you wonder all the time if they are going to sell your car out from under you or if you do get your car what condition it will be in.

My new sales manager has given me more and better service in ½ hour than I saw in two months of dealing with Jones Motor Company, including placing priority on my order, agreeing up front to Courtesy Delivery, scheduling my car promptly after reaching agreement and faxing confirmation within a few hours as well. Also the sales manager has done a great job of making himself readily available through phone and email. I am much happier now, not that I expect to be treated extra special in my purchase, but that I am being treated like I expect anyone should when making a major purchase from a professionally run dealership.

Given the past fiasco I just went through I thought it would be fun put together some Jeff Foxworthy style comments about dealer relationships (hypothetically speaking of course). Everyone feel free to add your own hypothetical scenarios to the thread as well.

You should really think about cancelling your order from your dealer if...

1) You find out your verbal agreement with the sales manager isn't worth squat by finding the car you want on EBAY.

2) Your sales manager never returns a single call in two months

3) Your sales manager tries to give your deposit back repeatedly stating that he can sell the car for more money any day of the week

4) Neither the sales manager nor the owner wants to take two minutes of their time to schedule a courtesy delivery because "we just don't feel like going to the trouble"

5) The owner refuses to take a bank draft and states that he will require the money to be wired directly from the bank. Is this a requirement for all customers? Give me a break!

6) The owner uses statements like "The only reason you are buying from us is that you can not get the car anywhere else" - Obviously this is untrue.

7) While looking for the owner's phone number on the Internet so you can escalate poor customer service issues you come across news articles describing things like - dealership owners potential ties to drug manufacture and drug trafficking, arson, political scandals, etc...

Now we all know that you can not put any credence on information found on the Internet. But if the examples I listed above were true and I was Ford Motor Company, I know of one dealership that would not make it though the upcoming round of cuts.

So I end this with a personal note to all those out there looking to buy a GT500. DO NOT PURCHASE ONE LOCATED IN SAVANNAH TN.

As some of you know I have made several posts about issues I have had with the dealer I was working with – Jones Motor Company, located in Savannah TN. To put this dealership in perspective they are a non SVT/non PA dealer with one GT500 allocation for the year. I have not mentioned their name up to this point, primarily because I did not want to upset the deal with them or create issues that would jeopardize my car or my $5K deposit (which I finally have back in my account). Over the past few months I have been increasingly upset with the way I was being treated and started looking for an alternative dealer.

LSR, on this site, introduced me to a new dealer a couple of weeks ago and for that I am extremely grateful. I have since cancelled my order through Jones Motor Company and am back to Material Hold status through my new dealer that is SVT/PA certified. I do sleep much better at night now because I feel I am now working with a dealership I can trust. Waiting for your dream car for months is hard enough without dealing with people that treat you so bad you wonder all the time if they are going to sell your car out from under you or if you do get your car what condition it will be in.

My new sales manager has given me more and better service in ½ hour than I saw in two months of dealing with Jones Motor Company, including placing priority on my order, agreeing up front to Courtesy Delivery, scheduling my car promptly after reaching agreement and faxing confirmation within a few hours as well. Also the sales manager has done a great job of making himself readily available through phone and email. I am much happier now, not that I expect to be treated extra special in my purchase, but that I am being treated like I expect anyone should when making a major purchase from a professionally run dealership.

Given the past fiasco I just went through I thought it would be fun put together some Jeff Foxworthy style comments about dealer relationships (hypothetically speaking of course). Everyone feel free to add your own hypothetical scenarios to the thread as well.

1) You find out your verbal agreement with the sales manager isn't worth squat by finding the car you want on EBAY.

3) Your sales manager tries to give your deposit back repeatedly stating that he can sell the car for more money any day of the week

4) Neither the sales manager nor the owner wants to take two minutes of their time to schedule a courtesy delivery because "we just don't feel like going to the trouble"

5) The owner refuses to take a bank draft and states that he will require the money to be wired directly from the bank. Is this a requirement for all customers? Give me a break!

6) The owner uses statements like "The only reason you are buying from us is that you can not get the car anywhere else" - Obviously this is untrue.

7) While looking for the owner's phone number on the Internet so you can escalate poor customer service issues you come across news articles describing things like - dealership owners potential ties to drug manufacture and drug trafficking, arson, political scandals, etc...

Now we all know that you can not put any credence on information found on the Internet. But if the examples I listed above were true and I was Ford Motor Company, I know of one dealership that would not make it though the upcoming round of cuts.

So I end this with a personal note to all those out there looking to buy a GT500. DO NOT PURCHASE ONE LOCATED IN SAVANNAH TN.

Might be a good idea to copy this text into a memo and send it the better business bureau and/or chamber of commerce in your local area/state. These people need to know there are consequences to acting the way they do. Glad you found a new deal, hope it goes better.

Dave

LSR, on this site, introduced me to a new dealer a couple of weeks ago and for that I am extremely grateful. I have since cancelled my order through Jones Motor Company and am back to Material Hold status through my new dealer that is SVT/PA certified. I do sleep much better at night now because I feel I am now working with a dealership I can trust.

Glad to hear that you got some satisfaction after months of unpleasant time spent in pursuit of your dream machine. I would ask, is anybody that actually has their car, unhappy with their SVT dealer? I ask because I have maintained for over a year, that the release of the car to any dealer willing to spill a couple of K might cause these sorts of problems. And I hope that Ford re-evaluates the need for a premium, proffessional and courteous dealership experiance. Keep in mind that the dealers that provide the most help on this board are highly qualified, knowledgeable, SVT trained and best of all, are real gearheads.

But I recall at least one member who was treated quite shabbily by their dealer, even though they had bought past SVT prduct. So please, chime in. We need to fix this mess going forward, even though you may have your car, there are a lot of us with brutal PSDS, who are still waiting for ours, or worse have been plain shunted in favour of people who will not appreciate the car for what it is.

Dealers are not concerned with reputation or relationships anymore. I purchase 2-3 Ford Cargo Vans a year for my business. I have changed dealers three times in five years. None of them give a :censored: They want to get you in, rape you as much as possible, and get you out. I spoke with all three, including my current guy and none wanted to work a reasonable deal on a GT500. The one I did purchase from was one I hadn't dealt with before. They weren't any better as I still paid ADM. They are up my butt now about selling me vans and have promised me a Shelby GT for MSRP. Yea Right.

Keep in mind that the dealers that provide the most help on this board are highly qualified, knowledgeable, SVT trained and best of all, are real gearheads.

Would just like to pass on my experience with a Non SVT dealer. They have been great to work with! The slaes manager, finance dept.; everyone has been very helpful, trustworthy, courteous....I neverfelt like I had to worry about them selling my car out from under me. The head technician is honest about his knowledge and training (would not even discuss GT500 issues with me until he had completed the training courses). Again I think that generalizations are not in anyone's best interests. There are quality non-SVT dealers out there and there are SVT dealers out there that don't give a rat's-a$$ about anything but how to pay for their new McMansion. Maybe I found the exception to the rule. If that's the case then, I feel lucky.

:party:

Would just like to pass on my experience with a Non SVT dealer. They have been great to work with! The slaes manager, finance dept.; everyone has been very helpful, trustworthy, courteous....I neverfelt like I had to worry about them selling my car out from under me. The head technician is honest about his knowledge and training (would not even discuss GT500 issues with me until he had completed the training courses). Again I think that generalizations are not in anyone's best interests. There are quality non-SVT dealers out there and there are SVT dealers out there that don't give a rat's-a$$ about anything but how to pay for their new McMansion. Maybe I found the exception to the rule. If that's the case then, I feel lucky.

This post is the reason for enthusiast boards. I believe that if used correctly, this place is a resource that adds to an experiance. But please, keep in mind that everything we type is not with the benefit of face to face interaction. So, if you feel slighted, be polite(at least the first time, right EC? :poke::party:) and if someone chases your response, you have every right to respond.

Thank you for you added insight, and any one else, please reply.

I had the same experience with my non SVT dealer. I have nothing but good things to say about my dealer. AAA+. Would buy from this dealer again! I know they were happy to take my money but a least they treated me like a human being while they were doing business with me.

I had the same experience with my non SVT dealer. I have nothing but good things to say about my dealer. AAA+. Would buy from this dealer again! I know they were happy to take my money but a least they treated me like a human being while they were doing business with me.

Everyone please keep in mind that my comments are only about the experience that I had with Jones Motor Company. I did not intend my comments to be generic about non SVT/ non PA dealerships. I am sure there are many out there that deserve AAA+ ratings. Jones Motor Company just did not care whether I was a customer or not. All they are out for is to make a buck. They do not give a rip about customer service and this goes for thier sales manager and for the owner I dealt with at Jones Ford. As I said before and I will continue to tell everyone that I meet. My experience with them was horrible and I would not recommend them to anyone. Even if they were the last dealership on earth. My experience was that bad.

Sorry to hear about your experience and hope all goes well from here on out. I've noted the dealer's name and passed it on to friends/relatives in TN. You can bet they won't be giving "them" any of their business!

Scott

Keeping this at the top of the threads. I am that pissed at the way I was treated. Feel free to link to this thread from elsewhere or email to others.

Our local dealer is PA/non-SVT -- good folks who I've known for years. 8 GT500s promised (received & sold 3 so far: 1 eachin July/Aug/Sept) -- all for $5K over. Honest and helpfull, no pressure. Unfortunately, their waiting list is over 50 names. Regardless of bid (some are for $30K over) their selling all 8 for $5K over. They've asked I don't post their name online since there's no chance of getting one unless you're already on the list no matter how much the offer. I can respect that.

Bummer how many renegging SOB dealers there are -- even if a small % of the total.

Hey Dog, you live in Savannah/

Spent some time there in the Army way back in the early seventies.

No I don't. I didn't know they had any bases in Savannah.

When I was there, there was a Hunter Army Airfield. It was near Oglethorpe Mall. With all the base closures over the years, it likely could be gone. Anyway, is was a nice tour as much as it could be to a 22 year old who just wanted to be out and going home. :shift:

When I was there, there was a Hunter Army Airfield. It was near Oglethorpe Mall. With all the base closures over the years, it likely could be gone. Anyway, is was a nice tour as much as it could be to a 22 year old who just wanted to be out and going home. :shift:

:doh: I guess I need to read more closely, Tenessee, I see. Musta been them thar grits. :hysterical:

:censored: DAMN and i live here in savannah tn. ok i bet some of you guys are pulling out the road maps as we speak lol. to be totally honest with you i've had dealings with jones motor company on different levels of business not automotive and i havent been to pleased with both jones boys up until this point. they have a house up near the lake and they tried to sell it to a well known country music singer and the price they were asking for it was unreal. needless to say he(country music star) hopped in his limo and :shift: he probably thought the jones boys were going to rip him a new one, but i'm glad to know he wasnt taken by them. sorry but i cant put my name up in case they troll. aaahhh hell with it, they dont scare me. jay

:censored: DAMN and i live here in savannah tn. ok i bet some of you guys are pulling out the road maps as we speak lol. to be totally honest with you i've had dealings with jones motor company on different levels of business not automotive and i havent been to pleased with both jones boys up until this point. they have a house up near the lake and they tried to sell it to a well known country music singer and the price they were asking for it was unreal. needless to say he(country music star) hopped in his limo and :shift: he probably thought the jones boys were going to rip him a new one, but i'm glad to know he wasnt taken by them. sorry but i cant put my name up in case they troll. aaahhh hell with it, they dont scare me. jay

ADM = Additional DOMECILE Markup <lol>

It's ust in their blood ;-)

Archived