TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alignment

enormous

I lowered my car with a Ground Control System and my service manager says no problem, bring it in for an alignment. This is the area's largest Ford Dealer and only SVT dealer. I go to pick it up after work, after it has been in the shop all day, and they tell me they can't do the alignment because they can't fit the sensors on the front wheels. The Goodyear tires won't allow it. Are they incompetant? Any body else run into this problem?

I lowered my car with a Ground Control System and my service manager says no problem, bring it in for an alignment. This is the area's largest Ford Dealer and only SVT dealer. I go to pick it up after work, after it has been in the shop all day, and they tell me they can't do the alignment because they can't fit the sensors on the front wheels. The Goodyear tires won't allow it. Are they incompetant? Any body else run into this problem?

Incompetent. Go to another dealer. I lowered mine, and the dealer had no problem with alignment.

My dealer told me the same thing. Something to do with the lip or lack of lip on the GT500 wheel. I took it to Sears and they took care of it.

you need to take it to someone who has a newer aligner (like the hunter pa100 we have)that has external clamping heads,i have no problem up to 26" rims.

like already posted, they must have a old alignment machine. Our old machine would clamp on the outside but you better have some boungy cords strapped to the rim just in case if the heads fell. We finally stepped up to a new john beam machine and its been great. Our only problem is getting real low cars on the rack, have to set up like 20 feet of boards to get like a ford gt on the rack. Try another dealer, ask if they got a newer version of hunter or john beam alignment machine.

Ditto,

saw a guy align a GT500 last week with ground control and had no issues what so ever, and it was lowered quite a bit.

Just curious, what rate springs are you putting on?

Phil

I purchased the GC system used here off the forum.

It came with a 8" 380 pound spring in the front and 10" 250 rear.

The previous owner had issues with the front.

Jay, at Ground Control suggested a 8" 440# front to cure the issues and a

10" 225# rear to complement my local roads and driving style.

It seems he hit the nail on the head with that one. I'm all smiles so far.

The Koni's do a very good job at what they are supposed to do combined

with the Eibach springs. A perfect marriage the way I see it.

The self install was relitively easy as well.

This was finished this week. I'm needing an alignment, although

it seems to drive and steer fine.

Archived