TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lack of features?

thewheelman

Ok, I know I'm getting soft in my old age, but I can't believe my F-150 has more features than my GT 500! I miss my outdoor temp indicator! I thought the compass/mirror also had a temp indicator in it too! Also, the auto lights on/off feature, I sorely miss on the Shelby......an inside trunk release might be nice too.....ok, OK, so the truck doesn't have 500 horses and a body to die for.....

I don't suppose there's anyway to rectify any of the above???

Thanks!

Ok, I know I'm getting soft in my old age, but I can't believe my F-150 has more features than my GT 500! I miss my outdoor temp indicator! I thought the compass/mirror also had a temp indicator in it too! Also, the auto lights on/off feature, I sorely miss on the Shelby......an inside trunk release might be nice too.....ok, OK, so the truck doesn't have 500 horses and a body to die for.....

Thanks!

Sure - put a supercharger on your F-150 so it too can have 500 horses :):):)

Thanks!

Lol I can agree, but honestly you get used to it.

You can buy an temp/compass mirror through Ford Accessories, and the Shelby does have the autolamp feature; just review your owner's manual on how to program it into your car.

As far as the inside trunk popper switch, there is a company that offers a kit for our cars; I just can't think of their name right now. Try doing a Google search for it.

I guess I can relate......a little. But I bought the shelby for recreational driving and occasional pavement ripping, gear slamming good times. Going from a 1969 428SCJ mach 1, I feel like I made a huge jump in the comforts of new school technology while still having the brute acceleration I crave. I now have cruise control, air conditioning, a light clutch, electric windows and reliablility to drive long distances, all while getting decent milage. And I can listen to a great stereo too! All depends on your perspective. Randy

Thanks!

Well my winter car is a Lincoln LS, so it is loaded with options (including heated seats for up here in Canada!). However, I have to say, I don't really care that my Shelby doesn't have those things. :happy feet: I am too busy having a blast every time I get in the seat and turn the key!!!! :shift: I know this is a bit sick, but I even enjoy driving the commute to work in it! One thing I have learned about Mustangs..... you can personalize it in a million ways. Do a search on the internet.... ask and you shall receive pretty much what ever you want. This is one of the most beautiful things about Mustangs!!

Cheers

Brett

You would think that for 45k a few amenities would be nice.That's why I have a semi loaded Charger R/T for DD status when i don't really downgrade and drive my Festiva.Oh,Festiva L,So I guess that means it's a festival when I drive it,NOT!

I to thought that our cars should had at least the garage door opener in the rear view mirror.

It still amazes me that Ford still doesn't offer it as standard equipment.

What were they thinking? I like many others keep mine in the _______ ? freeking garage.

How much more would it have cost for them to put it in our car?

I dont care about the temp I can tell if it is hot or cold.

Art

Thanks!

Maybe he meant they shut off automatically if you leave them on after shutting the car off?

Yes, that's what I meant. Isn't that what the Wheelman wanted? I apparantly misunderstood his desire. I guess he meant the type of autolamp feature where the headlamps come on automatically when driving through a tunnel or at dusk. The autolamp feature that I thinking about is the type where the headlamps and interior lamps come on when you unlock the car, and then go off a few moments later when you relock the car or start the ignition.

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm happy the way the car came. I don't need all those bells and whistles hence the reason I ordered my car with the IUP as the only option. I don't need to know ambient outside temp, I could simply roll down the window.

I used the A/C once (bride was in the car) and still haven't installed the radio antenna. I turned the cruise control on once just to make sure it worked. The mirror compass?...never look at it.

Autodim mirror with compass and temp and the auto lamp upgrad are available as dealer installed accessories with full factory warranty.

The remote trunk release is on your keychain as ALL Shelby's have the active antitheft system standard. Placing a butting in the glove box would be redundant.

I have the Ford autolamps installed and like it. The price to upgrade the mirror to include temp and homelink buttons was mroe than I wanted to spend for the display so added the home linc myself to the overhead console.

I guess I've just gotten used to my F150 XLT with the auto light feature. I never touch the light switch anymore, they come on at dark, go off after I kill the ignition. Geez, even my PT had a temp display, the XLT does too. I'm not really complaining.....but these options are common on much more "common" Fords, you'd think with all the hype and all the special features of these cars, these "little" things would have been included with the power door locks, window, driver's seat, etc, etc..... Guess I'm just spoiled!

I guess I've just gotten used to my F150 XLT with the auto light feature. I never touch the light switch anymore, they come on at dark, go off after I kill the ignition. Geez, even my PT had a temp display, the XLT does too. I'm not really complaining.....but these options are common on much more "common" Fords, you'd think with all the hype and all the special features of these cars, these "little" things would have been included with the power door locks, window, driver's seat, etc, etc..... Guess I'm just spoiled!

Some new features are coming on the 2010. Start saving up! :hysterical:

Yeah!Man up!My first muscle cars had hemanual steering,Anti-stop brakes,Auto flickering lights at various points etc.The Shelby is like a Caddy.Compared to THOSE cars. :hysterical:

You're right wheelman. These are all niceties that we've all gotten used to in new cars and we come to expect them as standard equipment. I'm with you on this one.

This is my first new car. Every car I have owned prior to this has been a truck with manual everything. I was just happy to have AC and a crappy tape deck that I promptly ripped out each time and put in a CD player. Cloth seats, four wheel drive, thats all that I needed. To have cruise control (I doubt I would ever use it...), AC, power everything (power mirrors, what the hell!? no leaning over to move them around!?), leather, ect ect, its a nice new experience. Would I like more features? Sure! I'll just add them in at my leisure and with things I like instead, like the homelink mirror and such. It just gives me more things to do and keep me happy and busy.

Some new features are coming on the 2010. Start saving up! :hysterical:

Here's a pic of the 2010's steering wheel showing the left half of the steering wheel, all the cruise controls are on the left side steering wheel spoke leading me to speculate that some additional controls might be going into the right steering wheel spoke.

Steering_wheel.jpg

Big +1 on this wheelman. I drive my heavily modded Shelby daily and track it often so it needs to do "everything" :hysterical: I did add the Homelink mirror with compass, but really miss the autolamp feature and would love to have sync as driving and talking on the phone are tough enough as it is let alone with 700hp and a manual transmission :hide:

I just bought an '08 Eddie Bauer Explorer that has:

SYNC Bluetooth technology, Autolamps, dual climate control, rear climate control, exterior temp, Homelink with 3 programmable buttons, heated seats (who cares Shelby's stored in winter), electronic adjstable foot pedals, power windows mirrors and locks, cruise, power sunroof, power adj side mirrors, 4x4 H, L and A4WD AND A V8 for only $30k cash out the door!!!!!

Compare that to our $50k cars and you wonder where all the money went......especially with low quality control arms and a solid rear axle. :headscratch:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Shelby and dread having to drive the Explorer starting in November, but it seems we could have gotten a little more bling for the money.

CRQ, USE the CRUISE! Nothing frustrates me more than having my cruise set at 79, 81, whatever and wind up passing the same dolt 15 times because he blows by me at 85 and I pass him up the next hill at the same speed I was running all along.......Regardless of what the tree huggers tell you CRUISE saves gas! It might also keep me from flipping you off as you dwadle along mindlessly feathering the throttle with each car you pass......uh, oh, sorry, I got carried away there a bit.....USE the CRUISE! LOL!

I agree with you 100%

CRQ, USE the CRUISE! Nothing frustrates me more than having my cruise set at 79, 81, whatever and wind up passing the same dolt 15 times because he blows by me at 85 and I pass him up the next hill at the same speed I was running all along.......Regardless of what the tree huggers tell you CRUISE saves gas! It might also keep me from flipping you off as you dwadle along mindlessly feathering the throttle with each car you pass......uh, oh, sorry, I got carried away there a bit.....USE the CRUISE! LOL!

You lost me there bud, sorry. :headscratch:

When I drive I pretty much cruise at a constant speed, I guess I just have enough foot control, plus I dislike the way the cruise on our cars work because unlike an auto, it doesn't compensate for incline by downshifting. If someone gave me the finger for going with the speed of traffic, I would consider that person either an ass or perhaps my tire threw a rock into them when they were behind me.

Archived