TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any one under 40 Bought a new Shelby yet?

aaronlstiles

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28, got it on 8/4/06. First "new" car I've ever bought for me.

Funny, when I put a deposit down in May, I was supposedly 9th in line.

When the end of July came around, I was the only taker.

2000 Taurus

2005 Expedition

2007 GT500 Vert

ORF: If you don't mind, how do you know the exact date of your build? Is it on the paperwork somewhere? My door tag just says 8/06 (August) It was scheduled the week the the 14 th but I don't know the exact date.

I had confirmation from Ralph, as well as an AAI employee on another site. Just dumb luck on my part to know which day it was built.

I'm 45 but age ain't it. I have 4 kids and had to wait to find a cool covertible (the ones I had wanted were only two seaters) I could still get my kids into if I had to.....only problem is I am sure there is no leg room and my 15 old soon is almost 6 ft tall, but don't tell my wife.

But you are right I have noticed on the forum a lot of 40 year olds.....

I don't think it's mid-life crisis if you've always been into and have owned fast or exotic cars. I think it has to do with your history. If you never had anything in your history that's even remotely related to power, speed, muscle, etc., then you may fall in the category of "Mid-Life Crisis". If it's in your history to always have been into stuff like that, then you're just continuing what you've always been into ! For me, I've always had cars that were of the "Fast or Powerful" type. I don't know, just a thought.

This is the reply that also applies to me. Always loved speed. Finally decided to do it with a car instead of a motorcycle. I'm 58 and hoping this is a mid-life crisis. That would mean that I'm halfway to 116, right? ; )

Doug

My wife and I are both 46. We were 22 when we bought our '67 GT500, so we've been into them for too long for it to be considered a "mid-life crisis". I think we've been in crisis mode all our lives! My first car was a '66 Mustang convertible, second was a '65 fastback, then a '66 fastback, then the '67 GT500. We may be middle aged, but we're still young at heart - as far as cars go anyway!

57 and talked to customer service this morning and they say I now have a delivery date of 10-28-06 to 11-04-06. The latest I should be able to pick it up is 11-04-06. I am sure they are correct ,just like they have been with everyone else on this and other sites. My dealer at least made me feel better about our signed deal of $200 under MSRP last week when he ask me if I would sell my car to someone for $5000 over what I am paying for it. He has a cutomer who wants one but he has no more allotments. When the guy offered him the money, he said he had to talk to me because we had a deal already and the car was mine. Boy did that ease my mind since I've wondered for months if he would honor our original deal.

57 and talked to customer service this morning and they say I now have a delivery date of 10-28-06 to 11-04-06. The latest I should be able to pick it up is 11-04-06. I am sure they are correct ,just like they have been with everyone else on this and other sites. My dealer at least made me feel better about our signed deal of $200 under MSRP last week when he ask me if I would sell my car to someone for $5000 over what I am paying for it. He has a cutomer who wants one but he has no more allotments. When the guy offered him the money, he said he had to talk to me because we had a deal already and the car was mine. Boy did that ease my mind since I've wondered for months if he would honor our original deal.

It's good to hear an honest dealer story. I hope everything goes your way. :rockon:

According to calendar I'm 43.

According to Wife, I'm 12.

Which one counts here?

Mike.

LOL too funny :hysterical:

My wife and I are both 46. We were 22 when we bought our '67 GT500, so we've been into them for too long for it to be considered a "mid-life crisis". I think we've been in crisis mode all our lives! My first car was a '66 Mustang convertible, second was a '65 fastback, then a '66 fastback, then the '67 GT500. We may be middle aged, but we're still young at heart - as far as cars go anyway!

Gotta love that, we should ALL be so lucky :D

Ordered car at 28 :D

Got a VIN# at 46 :yahoo:

Car made at 48 :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Car got stripes at 49 :yup:

Waiting for delivery at 51 :lurk::kuko:

Bought at MSRP and no payments -- age has a few advantages.

29 THIS PAST JUNE.

TD

TD, have you posted pics? That's the color combo I have on order.

Dave

Just turned 33 and the Shelby will be my 3rd Stang. (Which is what my plates will say.) 66 vert, 99 GT Coupe and soon to be (I hope) 07 Shelby. I bleed blue since my other 3 cars are also Fords.

30 Model A Sport Coupe

31 Modal A Victoria

66 Mustang Convertible

99 Mustang GT Coupe

01 F-150 Super Crew

07 Mustang Shelby GT500 (Patiently waiting.)

Wow blackfoot, a Model A? My dad has a '29 Model A. I don't know much about them, but it is a convertible (I think they called them Roadsters?) with a rumbleseat. I drove it for the first time last year...very difficult to drive. Do you belong to a club for it. My dad is 73 and has told me I'm in his will to get his...hopefully that will be many many years from now. Thanks,

Dave

Im 39 Getting grayer everyday waiting for this car thank GOD i got the vin# two days ago. :happy feet: :banvictory: :bandance: :woohoo::yahoo:

I'm 37 with lots of grey also over the last 18 months.... I got My VIN 2 days ago around mid-night, didn't sleep the rest of the night. :shift:

I will always be a "Toys-R-Us Kid" :baby:

Archived