TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any one under 40 Bought a new Shelby yet?

aaronlstiles

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys,

I'm 47 , wife keeps asking me if I'm ever going to get over the performance car phase. I just answer "what phase", I've had performance cars since I was 17, Chevs, Dodge and Fords, but the Stangs were always my favorite.

svtkeith

48 in January, I picked my car up Sept. 8th, I have had a woody ever since. Driving in Michigan is coming to an end at least for me until next spring. My shelby and I are getting ready to call it quits for winter.

I'm 26 and working on getting one. When I heard they were only 450hp I was going to hold off, then the 500hp numbers came out and I started to drool again. Then hearing some reviews I started to think twice about it. Now seeing dyno numbers from a tuner I know from when he started out, I'm just about ready to even pay 15K markup to pickone up ASAP.

I'm actually putting off buying a condo so that I can get on of these now. The condo market is starting to soften so I figure I can wait a year or so and pickup one up at a better price, where I think the shelby is going to be selling for over MSRP till at least the 2008 models start to ship and even then MSRP will probably be hard to come by. Look at the ford GTs.. They still can be found on dealer lots but not many will sell for even MSRP.

awatters:

BITE YOUR TONGUE.

If Wife always wins, then I wouldn't be getting this car.

Don't Jinx me like that!

As Will Smith said...

"Almost put a hex on the whole damn thing..."

Mike.

I forgot to add... you have to let them think they always win

I envy the twenties guys that can afford a Shel. I can't afford it now at 41. There'e no way I could have afforded it in my 20's.

aaronlstiles, print this tread and have someone in your family keep it until you turn 40 and give to you for your birthday. I promise that you'll read it and feel vaguely offended or worse.

The filter of youth is a marvelous thing. You're not old enough to know all of the things that you don't know. (Neither am I.)

I am 23 and if I trade my 99 cobra in, I could make payments on it. But I am lucky and live at home, no kids...bla bla bla. It all depends on the individual situation and priorities, Id rather a sweet car than my own place. oh well

You can live in your car, but you cant drive your house :)

:party: cheers to everyone!

...36 over here and wow I thought the ages would be much older...or was that ona count of RUf :)

Have my VIN number and have been calling everyday...Janet, Mark, Ralph, and Jane have all said the same thing "you must be pretty excited" and "wow what a car" Really friendly bunch...the latest is my car has been serialized and is scheduled to be pulled on October 16th which is 6 days later than what my dealer told me. They advised me my dealer may be right but that currently in front of them on the computer it was identified as the 16th of October. Soooo impatiently waiting..every day keeps getting closer though...

:bandance: I hope Everyne will make time in August to drive to dearborne for the Big re-union!

Cheers,

Requis

Archived