TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Mustang Interior

IASHELBYGT

The more I look at it, the more i'm not liking it. For starters (my biggest problem) is I don't see an armrest on the console. The console corners are too sharp and square. I also don't like the square vents mixed in with the round vents. The interior doesn't look comfortable on the eyes, that's for sure. Perhaps I need to see it in person.

Hmmm...well, I think its a nice interior...but a Mustang should not have a nice interior. It needs something a little more tough looking. This interior would look more appropriate in a Fusion or Taurus. Looks nice, but not sporty or daring enough. Does that make sense?

Hmmm...well, I think its a nice interior...but a Mustang should not have a nice interior. It needs something a little more tough looking. This interior would look more appropriate in a Fusion or Taurus. Looks nice, but not sporty or daring enough. Does that make sense?

yep, absolutely!

Apparently, you're all forgetting that the "retro" mustangs had rectangular vents in the center, and round vents on the sides. In comparison, the '05-'09 Mustangs have round vents throughout.. (ok, the '65s and '66s had round vents).

My only comment about the new interior is that I hope they didn't get rid of the IUP silver steering wheel spokes... I love the current steering wheel..

1968FordMustangCoupe.interior.JPG

2010-Ford-Mustang-Interior.jpg

Now do you like it better??

Looks like it will be difficult to change out the factory radio... :headscratch:

Apparently, you're all forgetting that the "retro" mustangs had rectangular vents in the center, and round vents on the sides. In comparison, the '05-'09 Mustangs have round vents throughout.. (ok, the '65s and '66s had round vents).

My only comment about the new interior is that I hope they didn't get rid of the IUP silver steering wheel spokes... I love the current steering wheel..

Looks like it will be difficult to change out the factory radio... :headscratch:

ive waited for somebody to point this out besides myself (vents)...what else can i say...KIDS..and they think 55 gallon barrel makes for a kewl exhaust system...i cant bitch too much...i drove my boss 302 around while sitting on a 5 gallon bucket...

I'm not crazy about the center stack, looks awfully busy and I do prefer the round vents on the '07 & '08's. The steering wheel looks fine to my eye but where's the dead foot pedal. Every sports car or sporty car needs a dead foot pedal IMHO.

Jim

NOPE, but I do like the steering wheel in the other spy shot.

I am going to wait to see it in person before I really decide how I feel about it. Right now, I look at it and I think... well it reminds me of the 65 - 66 interior as so nicely shown in the example photos of both interiors. I never really agreed with others on our current interiors being cheap (both my SGT and V6 mustangs have the upgraded interiors so that helps). This new interior looks fine to me and might look better in person. I will wait to see for sure.

I am going to wait to see it in person before I really decide how I feel about it. Right now, I look at it and I think... well it reminds me of the 65 - 66 interior as so nicely shown in the example photos of both interiors. I never really agreed with others on our current interiors being cheap (both my SGT and V6 mustangs have the upgraded interiors so that helps). This new interior looks fine to me and might look better in person. I will wait to see for sure.

You're right - we should wait and see. Also, looking at it some more, it does look like some materials have improved and that the interior is a little more "upscale". While some of us may think that its missing some excitement, in the end result this car has to be a success for Ford (which is good for all of us), and most people will probably like the new interior...perhaps even Motor Trend...well, maybe not...

edit - Anyway, when you're hittin' the throttle, all that really matters is the tach!!!

ive waited for somebody to point this out besides myself (vents)...what else can i say...KIDS..

Bull, I didn't like the square vents then, and I don't like them now.

Speaking of interiors, the only thing I didn't like on my '08 GT500 was the radio knobs. They have chrome accents around the knobs but the rest of the interior has brushed aluminum trim. I solved that problem by purchasing a radio from an '07 that has plain black knobs.

If i'm not mistaken, don't you SGT fellas have chrome trim in the interior? If so, my radio would look nice in your car.

I'm glad they finally got the gauges right. The tach is on the right! My SGT is the only sports car I've been in with it on the left. Drove me nuts for the first few weeks.

Gauges are reversed on the current generation GT500's...

I like what they did to the interior. Overall, it has a more upscale look. Two nice improvements are the addition of radio controls on the steering wheel and the new climate control panel (the 3 round knobs on the current generation are overly simplistic IMHO). On the other hand, I do prefer the current round vents to the rectangular ones.

Gentlemen,

To my dismay I am afraid they lost me on this one. As a loyal devotee of the blue oval I purchase nothing but Fords. My current stable includes a Shelby GT, Ford GT, 2008 Taurus, and an Expedition. I currently have a 2009 GT500 on order. I was leery about purchasing the 2009 GT500 with the knowledge that a new and potentially better looking body style was just around the corner. I love the looks of the current retro-styled Mustang though so I went ahead and ordered one. Now that I've seen the new body style and interior, I'm really glad that I did. Some body styles just look right from any angle and just about any attempt to update or change them just ruins it. The P-51D Mustang aircraft, the 1965-6 Mustang fastback, 1970-3 Firebird/Trans Am, 1965 GT40, and the 2005-6 Ford GT are all cars I think would be tough to modify/update without screwing them up. I feel the same way about the current body style Mustang. Like the 1969 Camaro, I wouldn't be surprised if the current body style Mustang stands as a high point for decades to come.

Chip

Archived