TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Warranty

Jimmy"RICO"Muniz

To all owners of the Shelby GT's.

I would like to pass this information with regards to the Striping Kit. If the damage has anything to do with water spots, or spots period be aware of the following:

According to the information given to me by John the warranty administrator representing Ford Racing Performance Group (800) 367-3788 any vehicle with spots according to him signifies that the vehicle has been exposed to acid rain therefore, the warranty is only valid for 1 year or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first.)

Another bit information that is not mentioned which includes the Handling Pack, Power Upgrade Pack and Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter; John states these parts are not part of the 5 YR/60,000 Powertrain Warranty. Again, after the 3 YR/36,000 mark these parts are considered after market parts.

Please note on the announcement letter dated January 23, 2007 from the Ford Division Car Marketing some of these issues are never addressed. According to the Shelby Warranty Program Summary second paragraph clearly states and I quote "Shelby also warrants workmanship in connection with any installation it may perform of the Ford Racing supplied parts for 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the warranty start date at the time of vehicle sale.

Also note that in the Shelby GT Supplement the issue of acid rain affecting the Striping Kit is never addressed. Which leaves owners of Shelby GT's with this dilemma; "should I drive this car after one year of purchase, or 12,000 miles?" The only state I know that covers damage against acid rain or hard water at least to the paint finish is the State of California, and the dealer's provide their customers with a paint sealant to help prevent damage. As long as you use the product the paint finish has warranty.

What I have learned from this is that I'm taking my car to the dealer and I am going to address all the warranty issues regarding this vehicle, because the one thing I don't care for are hidden surprises. I love my Mustang. I also think highly of a product that represents a true legend with a true legacy of Racing an Icon. However, I also care about quality and workmanship. I wonder what John would say to Mr. Carrol Shelby if he had a complaint about his Striping Kit?

To all owners of the Shelby GT's.

I would like to pass this information with regards to the Striping Kit. If the damage has anything to do with water spots, or spots period be aware of the following:

According to the information given to me by John the warranty administrator representing Ford Racing Performance Group (800) 367-3788 any vehicle with spots according to him signifies that the vehicle has been exposed to acid rain therefore, the warranty is only valid for 1 year or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first.)

My stripes were replaced last week due to acid rain spots. My warranty is well over a year old. So I don't know how true that is.

Evan.

I think this acid rain is Bull shit! The paint on my car is perfect, IE, no water spots from acid rain however the stripes look like ass. My GT 500 sits outside with my shelby GT and the stripes on it look like they did from day one. SAI used the cheapest stripes they could find to put on these car. And that is the bottom line. We all have been waiting on the Hood scoop fix for how long? I think they should make things right with the stripe BS. Roush is having the same issues, but he isn't blaming acid rain, he is just replacing them. We all, well most of us paid 40K plus for a Modified GT and they don't want to stand behind their product. This is BS and should not be tolerated by any of us. I am sure we are all having this issue unless you never drive your car, and if enough of us get together we can get this taken care of. I for one love my SGT, but with the Hood pin's rusting, stripes looking like shit, and the hood scoop looking like my 12 year old made it in wood shop, I wonder why we all stand behind them like we do. we love the car but the parts used where pure shit. hell I had to have all 4 tires replaced at 12K miles, due to bad alignment, turns out they just lower the cars and send them on the way. The dealer had to install caster camer kits to get anything in the green. I guess I am just tired of the same old run around. Let me know what you all think.

Archived