TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Germany commercial wasn't shot in Germany?

ColdwaterHotrod

This country has a population about the size of greater L.A. and a like number of Mounties. Nothing but 2 lane blacktop, and spooling down out of the Rockies is a treat I give myself and a deserving passenger each year. If there is a better place to drive fast endlessly, I can't imagine where.

I attended the University of North Carolina at Wilmington during the '90s.

Wilmington is home to Screen Gems Studios (I did some speech writing for Frank Capra, Jr).

While I was there, Matlock was filmed in town. They would do a shot of the Wilmington waterfront and have the graphics say "New Orleans" or some other city.

All of it was filmed in Wilmington.

Same thing for Dawson's Creek. When they shot that series, they would come on campus - change a few signs - and who would know the difference? Only those who lived there.

damn...it had me fooled. That's what Ford really thinks about us. They want to deceive us and in the same moment, make us believe in what they say. If the above article is true, their credibilty has dropped with me - although it was a pretty good commercial

I met a guy on a job site who knows I have a shelby, he then introduced me to his friend that worked on a GT500 commercial. He was asking me if I'd seen it, which at the time I hadn't and he was telling me where it was filmed and so on and how a Porsche moves over and so on. However, I had no idea what he was talking about so I really didn't pay much attention to what he was saying. :banghead: After I saw the commercial it all came back to me.....well some of it did.

damn...it had me fooled. That's what Ford really thinks about us. They want to deceive us and in the same moment, make us believe in what they say. If the above article is true, their credibilty has dropped with me - although it was a pretty good commercial

Oh, please - you really think Ford tried to 'deceive' you in a commercial? And 'their credibility has dropped' because of it? How about 'cost savings' by not actually having to go to Germany in the first place? And I suppose that all the major blockbuster movies you watch, you actually believe they're filmed on location? Read about how many 'Chicago' sites are actaully filmed up here in T.O. in the credits.

What next - a global conspiracy that Canadians have infiltrated U.S. film studios? Oh, wait, that's already been done by SCTV alumni back in the 80's, with Lorne Greene being the plot mastermind! hahaha :hysterical:

Its a stinking COMMERCIAL! Its"hollywood". I don't give two shits where it was filmed (glad some money went ot our nieghbors economy vs. China or Germany!). Ive seen many movies say they were "in Detroit" but were'nt.

The movie/commercial rocked! Period.

+1 ....except for the "two shits" part. :fan:

Archived