TEAM SHELBY FORUM

new spy photos

08SGT1977

Don't know if thats a gt500, usually they would wait a year after new body style, but if it is a gt500 then it would probably be a shelby, shelby I would think has the naming rights for the gt500 and gt350.

We did the Ford plant tour today and saw many 2010 Stang parts in full production including base hoods,the induction hood, quarters, doors & trunk lids.

They were tight lipped about what was to come but there was mention the SVT brand will be making a recovery and we should start hearing about new exciting projects as soon as November.

We turned one corner and un-expectedly had a full frontal, hood up view of a 2010 with the camouflage spots....our tour guide was quick get the cover back on...lol..

To me it's not as much a radical change as people were expecting from the exterior it appears mostly cosmetic with a few subtle changes but still maintaining the current S197 lines.

So I would say it is possible the vehicle in question may not be a GT-500 at all but a new SVT model....I guess we will all just have to wait & see.

We did the Ford plant tour today and saw many 2010 Stang parts in full production including base hoods,the induction hood, quarters, doors & trunk lids.

They were tight lipped about what was to come but there was mention the SVT brand will be making a recovery and we should start hearing about new exciting projects as soon as November.

We turned one corner and un-expectedly had a full frontal, hood up view of a 2010 with the camouflage spots....our tour guide was quick get the cover back on...lol..

To me it's not as much a radical change as people were expecting from the exterior it appears mostly cosmetic with a few subtle changes but still maintaining the current S197 lines.

So I would say it is possible the vehicle in question may not be a GT-500 at all but a new SVT model....I guess we will all just have to wait & see.

I did some photo zooming and enhancements on the center cap of the rim and it appears to be a Cobra emblem. Maybe it will be the same exact setup only without the Shelby name and insted the Cobra name. I wonder how much Ford has to pay Shelby per GT500 car for having his name on the car. I am sure it would make the bean counters happy to get rid of his name and charge the same price. I realize ford doesnt have to pay him anything for the cars that get shipped to his plant (Shelby GT) because it is the equivilant of the Roush setup where he slaps the name on them and has the responsibility for selling them.

Personally, I do not care for the subtle line changes... looking more and more like a Probe Mustang mix to me. I like the hard lines of the current style. The elongated front nose, the softer and rounder rear end, just do nothing for me. Glad I did not wait, and to be honest I think hard core Mustang fans will not be to pleased.... might however turn more females into fans! Just my .02

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

The restyle of the GT500 does not get it for me. Having seen the photographs of the 2010, I just purchased a 2009 white/blue stripe GT500 (at $1000 below MSRP). I love the style of the current GT500 and held out thinking 2010 might be even better. No dice, at least not for me. In my opinion, the current body style GT500 will be seen as a classic for decades to come like the 1969 Camaro and all Mustangs from 1965 through 1970. I'm not real wild about the interior of the 2010 Mustang either. Perhaps it will grow on me. The current body style however, I loved the first time I looked at it.

Chip

There WILL be a 2010 SHELBY GT-500

The SVT recovery thing is.......(my guess).......2010 SVT BOSS 302 !!!!!

It'll make it's debut at the auto show in NY.

the '10 GT 500 is SVT too. The trunk medallion has SVT and FORD on the outer ring and Shelby GT 500 in the middle on the spy photos.

I agree that the 07-09 GT 500 will go down in history as a great looking car. I like the new pictures but I don't like the square air vents in the middle dash or the tail lights as much. I think the 05-09 mustang looks better but I could change my mind when the new models come out. It is hard to judge from a spy mule.

the '10 GT 500 is SVT too. The trunk medallion has SVT and FORD on the outer ring and Shelby GT 500 in the middle on the spy photos.

I understand that...I have a "2008 SVT Shelby GT-500 Ford Cobra Mustang"

Someone said SVT is doing some "new" projects. The GT-500 is not "new" so, i'm guessing "SVT BOSS 302." I may even try to snag one in Grabber blue if they do it.

I understand that...I have a "2008 SVT Shelby GT-500 Ford Cobra Mustang"

Someone said SVT is doing some "new" projects. The GT-500 is not "new" so, i'm guessing "SVT BOSS 302." I may even try to snag one in Grabber blue if they do it.

I think there has been some questions about the future of SVT because the SVT website changed to Ford Performance Group. Seeing the SVT logo on the new GT 500 dispells that concern.

A new SVT product may also be the SVT Shelby GT 350.

I don't think it looks as mean. As far as the interior goes where does the dash plaque go? Glad I got mine, now I gotta go back to work to pay for it.

Later.

Please forgive me if this is a noob question, but where did you get your dash plaque. I have a white with blue GT500 coming. I've never seen one in person, but none of the pics on ebay have a dash plaque. Only the KRs and SSs. Does the GT500 get a dash plaque?

Archived