TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show us your armrest / console and headrest covers

both the SGT and GT500 have custom designs, be glad to show you in person one weekend.

I appreciate the offer and look forward to the day we can do so. Unfortunately I won't be home to Maryland from Iraq till early 2009. :sandbox:

So if you guys have a digital camera, please snap some pics of your armrest/console covers and post them. Headrests are welcome too. I am primarily interested in seeing the armrest / console cover in place. Coupes and convertibles, it does not matter.

Thank you :camera:

Boy am I disappointed. Got the armrest cover and the headrest cover today. I installed the headrest covers and they look absolutely great. So I go to move on to the armrest cover and I see this is going to be no small task, espcially for me. I lack patience, if you havent noticed from some of my posts. Looks like Ill be making a trip to an upholstery shop and it will be a few days before I can get the armrest cover put on.

Boy am I disappointed. Got the armrest cover and the headrest cover today. I installed the headrest covers and they look absolutely great. So I go to move on to the armrest cover and I see this is going to be no small task, espcially for me. I lack patience, if you havent noticed from some of my posts. Looks like Ill be making a trip to an upholstery shop and it will be a few days before I can get the armrest cover put on.

Reino, yes I agree on the armrest cover being no easy job. I ended up taking mine to a local upholstery shop too. It was worth the $30 bucks it cost me for a professional install though.

Dave

Reino, yes I agree on the armrest cover being no easy job. I ended up taking mine to a local upholstery shop too. It was worth the $30 bucks it cost me for a professional install though.

Dave

+1 Dave-it was much easier and less aggravating to have it done. Mine was in the $30 neighborhood as well if I remember correctly-well worth it.

I'm too lazy to look it up...how much is the center console cover?

Last time I checked it was $39.95. There is someone out there selling the entire armrest with the armrest cover installed. Prices vary as you can trade in your old one or pay a higher price without the core trade in. I will see if I can find it and if so I will post the link.

edit - here is the info on the pre-installed - kinda pricey but an option nonetheless

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/pts/801862597.html

www.0-2-60.us

"All you need to do is remove your armrest at the hinge with 4 screws and re-attach this one. NO MESSY GLUING, NO VISIT TO THE UPHOLSTERER, AND NO TRICKY POSITIONING OF THE COVER is necessary. New armrests are initially $238.95 because a core charge of $70 applies on the initial purchase. Return yours to us and we will credit you $70.00, lowering your cost to $168.95!

OR

We also offer reconditioned (core returns wrapped with the Shelby Performance Parts covers) armrests for $169.95 including a $70 core. Return yours to us and we will credit you $70.00, lowering your cost to $99.95! CALL US FOR AVAILABILITY.

OR

If we do not have a reconditioned armrest in stock, you can send us yours and we'll professionally install the cover to your existing armrest for the same $99.95! Please call us prior to sending it in to notify us of your intentions. (This option may take up to 2 weeks from the time we receive it).

"

Dave

What is the difficulty in putting the armrest cover on? Is it just too tight or is it something that has to be sewed onto the existing cover? If its too tight, couldn't it be left in the sun for a while like you guys were doing with the headrest covers?

Evan.

What is the difficulty in putting the armrest cover on? Is it just too tight or is it something that has to be sewed onto the existing cover? If its too tight, couldn't it be left in the sun for a while like you guys were doing with the headrest covers?

Evan.

Its basically a flat piece of material. It needs to be glude and then pulled around the edges and the edges glues. The difficult part will be the corners. Im just not willing to do it cause I lack patience. Im afraid the corners will be creased/folded when I install it and glue it.

I may end up trying to do it myself though as I have not found someone willing to install it.

Its basically a flat piece of material. It needs to be glude and then pulled around the edges and the edges glues. The difficult part will be the corners. Im just not willing to do it cause I lack patience. Im afraid the corners will be creased/folded when I install it and glue it.

I may end up trying to do it myself though as I have not found someone willing to install it.

Yeah, that sounds like it should be left to a professional installer or yourself being extremely careful. What about the headrest? That goes completely around the existing headrest? Just leave it out in the sun for a while to soften the fabric and then slip it over??

Evan.

Yeah, that sounds like it should be left to a professional installer or yourself being extremely careful. What about the headrest? That goes completely around the existing headrest? Just leave it out in the sun for a while to soften the fabric and then slip it over??

Evan.

Yup, I sat it outside in the direct sun on a day that was about 85 and then they just slid right over the others. Took 5 mins tops to do both sides. If I can do it, you can too.

Just dropped off my armrest cover at a fairly local shop. Not many restoration or upholstery places around here as most people seem to do their own work on the older cars. Guy there said it should be between 30-40 bucks and I will have it by Friday. :drool:

Sorry, Im a little late with the pictures. I got these about two months ago. Heres a trick to install them use leather conditioner on the headrest and leave the covers in the sun for about 10 minutes. They will slide right on with no hassle.

DSC01380.jpg

Archived