TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This car pisses people off!

sudden

After drivin my SGT for about a year and a half , I have noticed that when you put the move on traffic people just get pissed off. I mean, I do not cut anybody off or anything but If I have a mini van or some car goin slow or blocking the lanes you know the SGT can put the move on in a second. When you do and its so fast the other driver craps. I mean the SHELBYNESS in the car comes out and you have the power. You just do not need a bunch of road to make quick meat of anything that is slow or hogging the road. When you do the other drivers cant belive how fast the SGT moves. and how nimble it is . People yell and honk etc. at the SGT in hate. ITs really weird. ITs like a motorcycle. You say to your self. WHy should I stay behind this piece of crap and just go around it. Yes the SGT is one quick ride! SUDDEN. :shift:

After drivin my SGT for about a year and a half , I have noticed that when you put the move on traffic people just get pissed off. I mean, I do not cut anybody off or anything but If I have a mini van or some car goin slow or blocking the lanes you know the SGT can put the move on in a second. When you do and its so fast the other driver craps. I mean the SHELBYNESS in the car comes out and you have the power. You just do not need a bunch of road to make quick meat of anything that is slow or hogging the road. When you do the other drivers cant belive how fast the SGT moves. and how nimble it is . People yell and honk etc. at the SGT in hate. ITs really weird. ITs like a motorcycle. You say to your self. WHy should I stay behind this piece of crap and just go around it. Yes the SGT is one quick ride! SUDDEN. :shift:

Can you say "Road Rage"?? :hysterical: No, but your absolutely right. When I'm in my Taurus, I kinda just become one of the masses and just take it easy on the road, even with slow traffic in front of me. Get it the SGT, and its like a freakin switch went off. Anybody in front of me is going too slow and HAS to be passed, and passed quickly.

Guilty here, too. Because of the predominant religion here in Utah we have the nation's highest birth rate, double anywhere else. I think that makes us the minivan and Chevy Suburban capital of the world. I can't go anywhere that I am not stuck behind one of these things in the left lane going 40. Our posted freeway speeds are 65-75. It must be nice going thru life thinking you have you own private freeway lane.

I am amazed how nimble my SGT is when going around one of these slugs. There is hardly any body lean. It just seems to settle down and go. What a great feeling. I do it by the book, signal for both lane changes and all. I figure my car is a cop magnet as it is so I don't want to bring more attention than the car does by just being a Shelby. Once in front of the road hog, I quickly, very quickly, accerate to the speed limit and let off. Again, the attention thing. Gotta love that Shelby sound when you get on it to make your move.

Yes, its especially fun when the car your passing is a Prius!! I can only imagine what's going on in their minds.... :hysterical:

Believe me..us here in CA know all about traffic. We were'nt rated with the worst traffic for nothing. I too pass all the turtles on the freeway and I love it. :spiteful:

Unless your headed Wbound 60frwy at 7-9AM when it's a PARKING LOT????????? :hysterical:

I usually find myself up at the 85-95 mph range in a hearbeat when I make my move. I have to let off as there seems to be an abundance of speed traps on the freeway that I have to take when I leave home. My community is also heavy handed with speed traps in the neighborhoods leading to the on ramps. My Cobra radar detector works overtime around home.

On the other end of this spectrum, I managed to win my heat at the MCA Grand National show's slow drags.over Labor Day weekend. This was 50' drag race, complete with a Christmas Tree, where the slowest car won. Naturally it was sponsored by Turtle Wax. I didn't make to top five slowest cars but it is tough race in a car like ours. I don't think it would look good for an SGT to be the slowest!

California drivers! (in general)

Can't stand being passed by anything, especially a car that is superior to thier own. The #1 lane is for faster traffic ! I hate to pass on the right, but I find myself doing so more and more. When Knucklehead is sitting in the #1 lane doin 55 in a 65 zone and other cars whiz by at 80 it is hard not to act very aggressively toward them. They should post a minumum limit as well as a "slower traffic keep right" signs, so these people can be ticketed!

On the flip side, I must say that CA drivers are not nearly so aggressive as drivers in my home state of Texas especially in the DFW area. Those people are absolutly insane!

I think passing people in my GT500 under hard acceleration must scare them. I have the SLP's mounted and when you hit the gas....OMG, car is LOUD!! Never heard anyone honk or flip me the bird. They're probably too busy catching their breath. I like watching peoples reaction as i SLOWLY pass them at times. That's a funny sight.

The best is under an overpass under hard accel.....lol @ the noise levels !!

Guilty here, too. Because of the predominant religion here in Utah we have the nation's highest birth rate, double anywhere else. I think that makes us the minivan and Chevy Suburban capital of the world. I can't go anywhere that I am not stuck behind one of these things in the left lane going 40. Our posted freeway speeds are 65-75. It must be nice going thru life thinking you have you own private freeway lane.

I am amazed how nimble my SGT is when going around one of these slugs. There is hardly any body lean. It just seems to settle down and go. What a great feeling. I do it by the book, signal for both lane changes and all. I figure my car is a cop magnet as it is so I don't want to bring more attention than the car does by just being a Shelby. Once in front of the road hog, I quickly, very quickly, accerate to the speed limit and let off. Again, the attention thing. Gotta love that Shelby sound when you get on it to make your move.

I agree...but my favorite part is the sound of the engine when you hit it!!! The look on the other driver's face as you LEGALLY pass them with that sound is priceless!!! No wonder I've been filling up the tank so much lately...it becomes habit forming! :shift:

Archived