TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Clone on CraigsList

AKA-SHLB

I don't know if this is the first SGT clone but it's the first one I've seen. This is a bit scary but i guess to be expected, I think I can even make out the Shelby plaque on the dash in the one interior photo.

The add does state "We have a 2007 Mustang GT (Shelby GT clone)" and they go on to say "everything you can put on a Shelby GT has been done to this car"

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/829266742.html

Wrong Color..... (1 of 1)

Just because someone puts a sticker on the side (with the wrong font for letters...check out the letter "G") of the car and add a dash Plaque (go figure where he got that one) does not make it a Shelby Clone. Without these two items it would be just another mustang.

350 HP...what? Hood pin location all wrong.

Put on everything you could like a Shelby... what about the suspension upgrade... and hood scoop. At least they could have put on a CS6 hood.

I feel sorry for the person that wants to own this at $26k.

Sorry guys, I don't mind a clone, just make it a good one.

At least he states it is a clone in the ad, the thing I thing is wrong is when then don't mention that and try to pass it off as a Shelby GT.

"everything you can put on a Shelby GT has been done to this car"

Guess my 62 year old eyes are failing me but where's the Shelby grill, hood, hood scoop, front facia and much much more I'm sure. If I were going to clone a Shelby I'd at least make it the correct color and lower it so the stance would be correct. I don't think it would fool many that are familiar with Shelby's.

Jim

17" wheels, Elanor grille, not even close! $601 per month with a $3700 buy in and $26K pay off, yikes what a schlocker!

One of the local dealers here in San Jose has any 08 Mustang in stock for $10K off MSRP. Now that a deal!

I concur. Not remotely close enough to be called a clone. The only thing that looks correct are the fender badges. Maybe the fake dash plaque. I am not certain about any of it because of the bad pictures. Wrong fascias, grill, wheels, paint, stripes, no suspension, no side scoops, no hood scoop. It is also a deluxe with no interior upgrade. It is a low end GT that somebody is trying to rip an unsuspecting buyer with.

I don't know if this is the first SGT clone but it's the first one I've seen. This is a bit scary but i guess to be expected, I think I can even make out the Shelby plaque on the dash in the one interior photo.

The add does state "We have a 2007 Mustang GT (Shelby GT clone)" and they go on to say "everything you can put on a Shelby GT has been done to this car"

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/829266742.html

"everything you can put on a Shelby GT has been done to this car"

Have they seen Rogers SGT? :hysterical::drool:

17" wheels, Elanor grille, not even close! $601 per month with a $3700 buy in and $26K pay off, yikes what a schlocker!

One of the local dealers here in San Jose has any 08 Mustang in stock for $10K off MSRP. Now that a deal!

Better yet, you can get a Shelby GT for $10,500+ under MSRP. :happy feet:

I was excited about $5732 under MSRP but this is a ridiculously great deal.

Why clone when you can OWN.

08 SGT For Sale - Ebay

Archived