TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB on clutch trans issues

shelbypowered

Question: What is the status of your car if you have been approved for the tsb issues. That is when your car was approved how long did you wait for parts or are you still waiting for parts- Grabber may know what is in short supply as well but it is my guess many of us are on a wait list for some or one of the items- The dealers have had to been hit hard after the tsb came out especially when they were saying nothing is wrong and we were having issues- are you waiting for parts- having problems getting approval- or did it work out fine-or are you going to hold off and see it develop further? Where are you on this issue? rs

Question: What is the status of your car if you have been approved for the tsb issues. That is when your car was approved how long did you wait for parts or are you still waiting for parts- Grabber may know what is in short supply as well but it is my guess many of us are on a wait list for some or one of the items- The dealers have had to been hit hard after the tsb came out especially when they were saying nothing is wrong and we were having issues- are you waiting for parts- having problems getting approval- or did it work out fine-or are you going to hold off and see it develop further? Where are you on this issue? rs

I had my car in the shop August 1st for the TSB and all was ordered and installed, however, upon taking down my Tranny for the service the Ford service dept uncovered that my 2nd gear needed replacing as well and that part has been on national back-order for over a month as my car sits at the dealer

:banghead:

Dealer told me they received all TSB parts and set me up for repairs on Tues, 08/12. On Fri, 08/15 I got a call stating that a part not on the TSB list (5th gear ring) was needed and that it was on national backorder. It was expected they would receive this part in two weeks. Keep in mind my car is already on the hoist all torn apart, so that's where it stays until repairs are completed. The latest update as of this morning is that the part should be at the dealership by the end of this week.

By the time all is said and done my car will have been on the hoist for over a month. In the meantime I am driving a loaner Dodge Caliber . . .

I have been approved for the TSB, I am still in the warranty period. Its been just over 3 weeks and no parts yet. I called the service manager and he said he still does not have a date for the parts. He is hoping within the next 2-4 weeks. He did confirm that this is an expensive repair, over 6K and that it was good I was still under warranty. Not sure if that would have been an issue or if being under warranty made it easier to get approved.

Al

I have been approved for the TSB, I am still in the warranty period. Its been just over 3 weeks and no parts yet. I called the service manager and he said he still does not have a date for the parts. He is hoping within the next 2-4 weeks. He did confirm that this is an expensive repair, over 6K and that it was good I was still under warranty. Not sure if that would have been an issue or if being under warranty made it easier to get approved.

Al

Forgot one thing, I have the SS 725 and it didn't make a difference to my dealer.

Al

You guys are lucky. I'm at 35 days and counting with my car up on a hoist at the dealership. Finally got the Corp Ford Reps involved and am now told that the missing back-ordered parts have been located and will be overnighted from the vendor directly to my dealership.

I don't understand how some dealerships are able to get all of the TSB parts so quickly. My service mgr even checked Ford's national parts listing and could only find 4 dealers in the entire country with any of the 5th gear lock rings in stock - and those dealers were unwilling to part with them.

I took mine in yesterday and they replaced the transmission and did the complete TSB while I waited. They had the parts on hand at the dealership. They even threw in a short throw hurst shifter and a KR hood just for being so patient with them. I have to go back today for the hood though, it had to dry first.

I took mine in yesterday and they replaced the transmission and did the complete TSB while I waited. They had the parts on hand at the dealership. They even threw in a short throw hurst shifter and a KR hood just for being so patient with them. I have to go back today for the hood though, it had to dry first.

:tequila:

....I just called on mine as well, He was taking apart the trans, all the parts are there I don't expect it to be completed til Tuesday....

Don't hold your breath... In my case, once the tranny was disassembled and inspected, the second gear ring needed replacement. That was a four day wait. Once it came in and reassembly started, they discovered a failed bushing. Another four day wait. This bushing is expected today. Who knows when I'll get my car back. Tomorrow will be four weeks.

Willie

....I just called on mine as well, He was taking apart the trans, all the parts are there I don't expect it to be completed til Tuesday....

Don't hold your breath... In my case, once the tranny was disassembled and inspected, the second gear ring needed replacement. That was a four day wait. Once it came in and reassembly started, they discovered a failed bushing. Another four day wait. This bushing is expected today. Who knows when I'll get my car back. Tomorrow will be four weeks.

Willie

I hear ya; today is day 37 on mine and I just got word today that the last of my missing parts will arrive early next week. Had to go higher up on the food chain to get the clout necessary to spur some action. Very frustrating.

Chuck your car has been sitting for 37 days? Thats tough, they gotta give you something for that. I wonder how much money this is costing Ford?

Yeah, seems like it's been forever. I have my fingers crossed that I get it back next week. I am getting a freebie FRPP shifter out of the deal as it currently stands, but I'd have rather had the car back in 2-3 days and pay for the shifter. I believe the repairs are over $5k. They're also taking the hit for my rental car, shich is now around $700 and counting.

Archived