TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT/CS total production number

bztz4m

The number all 2008 GT/CS owners have been waiting for is now out thanks to our friend Paul Newitt from the californiaspecial.com site. The total number of 2008 GT/CS built is 7,417.

That's a fairly decent # of GT/CS's! I ordered about 20-25 of them for the dealership I work for during the 2008 model year, and have already ordered a decent number of '09's.

I have GT/CS envy, and keep thinking about adding the front & rear bumper covers to my '07 GT.

That's a fairly decent # of GT/CS's! I ordered about 20-25 of them for the dealership I work for during the 2008 model year, and have already ordered a decent number of '09's.

I have GT/CS envy, and keep thinking about adding the front & rear bumper covers to my '07 GT.

So far for 2009 doing my monthly Google search of the dealers lots I have been able to track down 538 so far but I know I have missed quite a few since some dealers site don't provide enough information for me to catalog them properly.

Ron

I ordered the window sticker that shows in my signature. It does not show up worth a crap thru the inside of the window once you take the backing off. IMO it's a waste of money.

Now if he makes a decal that could go on the outside of the window, that might be worth trying. Dunno.

I ordered the window sticker that shows in my signature. It does not show up worth a crap thru the inside of the window once you take the backing off. IMO it's a waste of money.

Now if he makes a decal that could go on the outside of the window, that might be worth trying. Dunno.

Yeah as they always say hine site is always 20/20.

Ron

I'm thinking the '09s will be even lower production given the economy. I see lots of '08s still on the lots. SGT also for that matter. If only Bush would give me a bailout like Fannie May/ Freddie Mac maybe I could buy some up! :hysterical:

Plus with the 2010 Mustangs coming out mid year this may be the last year for the GT/CS. But who knows.

• 1 month later...

Here is the latest update on the production numbers:

Just today, I got a revised production number for the 2007 GT/CS, and a new number for the 2008s. These are convertible and coupe models combined. (the breakdown on these numbers will be in my book).

The 2007 GT/CS Production number (you heard it here first) is: 8519.

The total production number for the 2008 GT/CS is:7427

People that bought the 2007 decals with the previous production number can return those decals and receive a new, correct one if you send me an SASE with $1 to cover costs. New decals for 2007 and 2008 can be bought for $10 each from me at: Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617.

Here is the latest update on the production numbers:

Just today, I got a revised production number for the 2007 GT/CS, and a new number for the 2008s. These are convertible and coupe models combined. (the breakdown on these numbers will be in my book).

The 2007 GT/CS Production number (you heard it here first) is: 8519.

The total production number for the 2008 GT/CS is:7427

People that bought the 2007 decals with the previous production number can return those decals and receive a new, correct one if you send me an SASE with $1 to cover costs. New decals for 2007 and 2008 can be bought for $10 each from me at: Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617.

Thanks for the info...I just sent him a buck and my old sticker.

Hopefully he made the new ones easier to see.

Archived