TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non-stock wheel caps on Black rims

Post PICS if you have changed to one of the SPP hubcaps for those of us undecided on which ones to change to.

I'm leaning towards the Berg Snake with Red shelby and black ring!

So, let's see how the different ones look.

Shelby GT caps from SPP. Wheels are FRP #M-1007-188P as used on the '03/'04 Mercury Marauder, and now the '09 Mustang "45th Anniversary" edition.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk16/sh...m1/DSCN3048.jpg

Mac - I have to say this, I think you are still in love with the merc maruader! You post about that car all the time, what is it about that frign marauder? :headscratch:

Considering the Carroll Shelby Wheel Company, "CS" center caps fit into the GT500 wheels. They might fit into the Shelby GT wheels also. I don't have my Shelby GT wheels any longer to try but maybe somebody else does.

shelby058.jpg

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about I believe somebody already posted they used the "CS" caps on the Shelby GT wheels. Anybody remember or want to confess to that?

Mac - I have to say this, I think you are still in love with the merc maruader! You post about that car all the time, what is it about that frign marauder? :headscratch:

In some ways I suppose I am, and other ways sure that I am not. I owned three of them, and they were a lot of fun to drive, but still a love-hate thingy due to repair costs and expensive upgrades.

There are a lot of similarities between the Shelby GT and a Marauder. Limited production, limited colors and options, "one-stop" shopping?

I remember them fondly, but I would never own one again.

I was looking at these caps. What are they made out of? I couldnt justify spending 100 bucks for plastic caps. Metal may be another story.

They are plastic of some sort. However, I paid $15 each. If I read the retailers computer terminal correct they wholesale for $12.50. In comparison the "Ford Racing" caps from FRPP that I was looking at for my GT500 wheels are $30 each.

Archived