TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Possible Ford return to Pro Stock?

ilmor

Pro Stock has historically been my favorite drag racing class. I sure wish Ford would return. Ford Mustangs with Ford motors...what could be better than that???

http://blogs.musclemustangfastfords.com/62...cing/index.html

• 3 months later...
I have heard that Ford is looking to start spending some money. I hope its true!!!

i had seen on nhra web site that jim cunningham racing was gonna field a mustang for erica enders, i have always found it interesting that the gliddens who were a flagship racing team with fords in the 70s 80s and the early 90s could never put something together. i think that ford has spent there money on j force racing he has been a good competitor in funny car but i feel that pro stock is the best racing going and dont forget about all the mountain motor fords in ihra

Pro Stock has historically been my favorite drag racing class. I sure wish Ford would return. Ford Mustangs with Ford motors...what could be better than that???

http://blogs.musclemustangfastfords.com/62...cing/index.html

Anything to shut Greg Anderson's mouth as that guy is one arrogant SOB!

Let Jon Kasse build the engines and the Mustangs will kick :censored: ! He's proven it in IHRA end of discussion!

We can hope so because its disgusting seeing these guys coming out of Roy Hill's school and then kicking butt in FORDS in IHRA only to drive Chevy's and Mopar's in NHRA. :redcard:

i had seen on nhra web site that jim cunningham racing was gonna field a mustang for erica enders, i have always found it interesting that the gliddens who were a flagship racing team with fords in the 70s 80s and the early 90s could never put something together. i think that ford has spent there money on j force racing he has been a good competitor in funny car but i feel that pro stock is the best racing going and dont forget about all the mountain motor fords in ihra

this car was supposed to be at orlando this past weekend at the PRI show. i haven't seen any pics yet but they said they're working on a 2010 model for spring release. :happy feet:

• 4 weeks later...

Ford has no money invested in Cunningham's deal. They are only invested with technology assistance. Straight from Joe King's mouth (head of Ford Racing Technology). Cunningham has an assload of money from MasterCam and his own money tied up in this thing. The heads are from C&C (Carrol Carter's company) and are supposed to be a Hemi/Wedge type hybrid design. Of course....nobody has seen them but they have been blessed with a Ford part number so they are legal for NHRA Pro Stock.

Two things that might derail this project. 1) Jim Cunningham's refusal to accept input or technical assistance from anyone outside his own camp. 2) Erica Enders father. That guy could piss off the Pope. Erica is a great kid and fairly decent driver but her father has been the ruination of her driving career.

Archived