TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Financing Question

Dropping__Chronic

Ok I have a question:

If you buy a car that say costs 20k, and you put down 3k, is the tt&l based on 6% of the total, 20k, or just 6% of the total tax you are paying for the vehicle? (17k)

Thanks,

DC

All of it...unless the 3k down was via a trade (in most states), then you only pay tax on the difference.

:shift:

bj

I was referring to that being the difference that would go into the car. Like trade in a car that you get 30 for, but only owe 27 on.

Make more sense?

I just assumed he owned a Camaro.

:hysterical:

bj

Guest evilchris

I was referring to that being the difference that would go into the car. Like trade in a car that you get 30 for, but only owe 27 on.

Make more sense?

You have a term, they're only worth $1k on trade in. Now if you had a GT500, that would be worth $150k easy on trade.

You have a term, they're only worth $1k on trade in. Now if you had a GT500, that would be worth $150k easy on trade.

I actually just compacted my lowly 04 Terminator, I wouldn't want to sully the grounds of some good dealership with such an unsightly piece of metal.

Destroy your 04's everyone, they are a blight upon the land and a lesson in what not to do with cars. :fan:

Archived