TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HOW TO "REALLY" DETAIL A CAR

1sweetazzgt500

Not sure if this should be in Off-Topic forum or not ( move if so) but thought this was a Great write up on a Professional Detail Job. I myself got some Great pointers & Tips on "how-to & Products" to use. Do yourself a favor and click the link and see for yourself. Enjoy, Chuck.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=79859

Yeah 55 hours is a bit obsessive. But, spending 8 or more hours every year or two might be necessary.

I use a lot of those same techniques, but a quick read through reveals some good ideas. I would avoid the pressure washer on our cars, particularly around the stripes!

Once it is properly polished and a good sealant applied not too much will stick to the paint, making the job of keeping it clean so much easier. For me, a key issue is not causing more scratches during the cleaning process. This can happen very easily using the wrong products and procedures.

And you know what the best part is?

5 miles down the road, the Lambo was doing 70mph behind an old man in a Camry who sprayed windsheild washer fluid and spotted the entire finish on the freshly detailed Lambo behind him.

Then they hit a random mud puddle.

And THAT is why I would never put 4 days into detailing a single car. That's nuts-o.

I found and will buy all those products he used, except I can't find 3m Fast Cut Plus for sale here in the US

I used Menzerna nano polish on my black car with an orange pad and had terrible results, cause more marring if anything. Sometimes I know an abrassive polish will leave micro marring, requiring a finishing polish after but this stuff didnt remove anything.

next time I am going to try a much more abrassive polish and then maybe follow up with the nano and a white pad.

I just had no luck with the nano, which is raved by many.

Im going to try the Poor Boys ssr2.5 polish and posibly some other Menzerna polishes because they are truly considered one of the best.

Next time, my black DD get the orbital polisher before I touch my gt500 again

I found and will buy all those products he used, except I can't find 3m Fast Cut Plus for sale here in the US

I used Menzerna nano polish on my black car with an orange pad and had terrible results, cause more marring if anything. Sometimes I know an abrassive polish will leave micro marring, requiring a finishing polish after but this stuff didnt remove anything.

next time I am going to try a much more abrassive polish and then maybe follow up with the nano and a white pad.

I just had no luck with the nano, which is raved by many.

Im going to try the Poor Boys ssr2.5 polish and posibly some other Menzerna polishes because they are truly considered one of the best.

Next time, my black DD get the orbital polisher before I touch my gt500 again

Use Adam's Polishes. 'Nuff said! :shift:

This many man hours is not unheard of. I spend countless hours detailing a vehicle properly. The finished product is stunning. While a Camry can spray washer fluid all over the fluid just beads right off. LOL Happy Detailing.

Archived