TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MUSTANGS UNLIMITED IS A BUST!!!

QuadCam

MCCNE pulls the plug on the Mustangs Unlimited Event without telling anybody! :censored:

What a disappointment, especially for all of us trying to salvage some joy from a weekend where TASCA was washed out.

Last night some genius at MCCNE (sorry, that's an oxymoron) decided to cancel the Mustangs Unlimted Event/Show, but failed to spread the word.

This, soon to be former member, received No Email, No Phone call, No Nuthin!!!

The shop was open and I was invited to park and display should I care to (I did for an hour), AND be sure to tell MCCNE how I felt about the situation...

...And as soon as I think I can get my disappoinment "managed," I'm sure I will prepare a littany for the MCCNE that will be repleat with Cobra venom!

If there was some highlights to the afternoon; there was a few Saleens being hawked by a Fairfield County dealer and a Foose as well. A nice late 60's Shelby GT500, a perfect Mach 1 and a near -perfect Boss 302. Not to mention following SexyStang down I-84 toward Hartford. Her red Mustang looked all better from its "body-by-dent" encounter. I'll say one thing for SXYSTG, be it the car, or herself; it's a great view from the rear as it is from the front... :blush:

I also drove 75 miles(one way) to find out they canceled the show.For what?It was beautiful out!I am also a New England Patriot season ticket holder and gave up my ticket for this show!What a waste of time and gas money!

Man, that's a shame. I was fortunate to see a post by yellow pony this morning telling us it was cancelled, although I probably may not have made it anyway. At least today I managed to get yardwork done and get my travel trailer ready for my trip to the Nascar race next weekend. It was a gorgeous day out.

MCCNE pulls the plug on the Mustangs Unlimited Event without telling anybody! :censored:

What a disappointment, especially for all of us trying to salvage some joy from a weekend where TASCA was washed out.

Last night some genius at MCCNE (sorry, that's an oxymoron) decided to cancel the Mustangs Unlimted Event/Show, but failed to spread the word.

This, soon to be former member, received No Email, No Phone call, No Nuthin!!!

The shop was open and I was invited to park and display should I care to (I did for an hour), AND be sure to tell MCCNE how I felt about the situation...

...And as soon as I think I can get my disappoinment "managed," I'm sure I will prepare a littany for the MCCNE that will be repleat with Cobra venom!

If there was some highlights to the afternoon; there was a few Saleens being hawked by a Fairfield County dealer and a Foose as well. A nice late 60's Shelby GT500, a perfect Mach 1 and a near -perfect Boss 302. Not to mention following SexyStang down I-84 toward Hartford. Her red Mustang looked all better from its "body-by-dent encounter. I'll say one thing for SXYSTG, be it the car, or herself; it's a great view from the rear as it is from the front... :blush:

Hi Rob,

I thought that was you creeping up in my rearview mirror.... :peelout::hysterical: but wasn't sure and I had to keep my eyes on the road as there was heavy traffic around me. Yeah I always call MU before the show just in case and I tried to speak to a live person but listened to music for about 10 minutes while at the same time I was checking their website and nothing was mentioned so I said well it's a beautiful day they must be having the show so I grabbed my camera........ :camera: and left....... :shift: I get there and there were hardly any mustangs, I took a little walk around and then saw the sign up on the door saying the show was postponed until next Sunday..... :( What was the reason??? There wasn't a cloud in the sky..... :shrug: I did waste some gas driving there but it was a nice day for a cruise....... :happy feet: Hopefully next weekend won't be a washout........ :rolleyes: Sounds to me like you might not be going next weekend?? :lurk:

Thanks for the compliment and your Shelby looked great......... ;)

I also drove 75 miles(one way) to find out they canceled the show.For what?It was beautiful out!I am also a New England Patriot season ticket holder and gave up my ticket for this show!What a waste of time and gas money!

I didn't see you there Mike or your Shelby around we must have just missed each other I got there around 12:30. I was bumming about Tasca and got hit again today with another bummer......... :nonono: How was the turnout for last Friday night's cruise at Imperial Ford??

Sorry to hear you guys made the trip to MU today. I guess I had better luck when I called this morning and found out it was cancelled (didn't get stuck on hold for 10 minutes)...

I'm going to try to stop by next Sunday if I can figure out how to be in 2 places at the same time (Hopefully I can work something out!)

On the bright side, at least it was a good day for a ride!

-yellow pony

Hey SexyStang - No doubt it was a beatutiful day to give our Mustangs some exercise.

Admittedly, I was a bit flattered at the attention my Shelby garnered from the assembled at MU.

I guess what still has me steamed :mad: is that I believe that as a member of MCCNE, it would have been a simple club courtesy to Email (or some other alert), its membership that one of their events has been cancelled. I would like to think You, Bob (Ilmor), Sean (secondo), or some other TS memeber would give me a heads-up if of our events had been cancelled. :sos:

As far as next weekend goes, I'm working on getting tickets to the first Race of the Chase at NHIS. If they come through, I'll be there Sunday.

Ilmor doesn't know it yet, but the wife and I are sleeping under his travel trailer Saturday night. :hysterical2:

Like you, I brought the camera and took a few pictures, but today was such a non-event...

I was gonna give you a "beep-beep," but I could see you had your handsfull with the "tourist" traffic.

I hate the Zig-Zags through Hartford so I sneak through Newington Center to grab Rt 9 to I-84 and Rts 72/372.

Sorry guys that I was out of the loop on this show- I have soccer literally all day on Sundays now so I had to miss one of my former favorite Mustang shows and wasn't following it.

Rob- I think WE should take over MCCNE (or start our own club) as you can tell with the impression that we get from the MCCNE president that he does not like the new S197's. Did you see his posse of 25+ cars that he brought to Lime Rock? Not one S197 and he won't make a class at the show for the new Shelbys. What a hypocrite!! When I get my Shelby I'm going to show it to him and RUB IT IN that how great a car it is and SO MUCH BETTER than any Mustang years previous!!!

I didn't see you there Mike or your Shelby around we must have just missed each other I got there around 12:30. I was bumming about Tasca and got hit again today with another bummer......... :nonono: How was the turnout for last Friday night's cruise at Imperial Ford??

I got there at 8:15 and made a u-turn home.Imperial Ford had another great cruise night,unfortunately it was the last for the season.Weather permitting,I'll be back down on Sunday.

I got there at 8:15 and made a u-turn home.Imperial Ford had another great cruise night,unfortunately it was the last for the season.Weather permitting,I'll be back down on Sunday.

WOW you are an "Early Bird" the show doesn't start until 9:00....... :club::hysterical2: I know you were probably entering your Beautiful Shelby in the show. :)

So you saw the sign on the door when you got there but they couldn't post it on their website when I checked it around 10ish....... :finger:

Looking forward to seeing you this Sunday, we hope........ :rolleyes:

Man, that's a shame. I was fortunate to see a post by yellow pony this morning telling us it was cancelled, although I probably may not have made it anyway. At least today I managed to get yardwork done and get my travel trailer ready for my trip to the Nascar race next weekend. It was a gorgeous day out.

The tickets to NHIS came through so I'm headed there this Sunday with a stop at the Big E on Saturday. I have never been there before and I'm excited to be at the "First Race of the Chase." :yahoo:

I will be in the Concord area, section - T, row 9. If any of you are nearby, please stop by to say Hello. :grouphug:

For those headed back to Mustangs Unlimited, I wish you well. The weather forecasters still have no clue what kind of weather we'll have on Sunday. Hint: I'm bringing an extra change of clothes in case the race is called for rain, and finishes Monday. :doh:

Archived