TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Master Cylinder

I am interested in changing my "Master Cylinder" to an aluminum one.

Does anyone know the bore size needed to match the original? And does anyone have any recommendations.

I am looking at Wilwood's Aluminum Tandem Chamber Master Cylinder

webMC8555_500.jpg

Wilwood

Thanks and take care,

Andrew Nagle

What are the perceived advantages to going to an aluminum model? Thanks.

Jim

Absolutely none other than the plastic one looks like.... :koolaid:

and it doesn't go well :chairshot: with the Moroso aluminum tanks :slapfight: in my engine bay. :boxing:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Definitely a valid question though

Thanks,

Andrew

Not just appearance, the Wilwood will deliver higher pressures to the slave cylinder and brake calipers too.

Absolutely none other than the plastic one looks like.... :koolaid:

and it doesn't go well :chairshot: with the Moroso aluminum tanks :slapfight: in my engine bay.[/size] :boxing:

Looking good. May want to try a fuse box, or atleast cover while your at it. Looking good though. :salute:

Looking good. May want to try a fuse box, or atleast cover while your at it. Looking good though. :salute:

Definitely a good ideas just don't know if I want the plain one

101070.jpg

or the one with the Shelby logo.

101071.jpg

I am also looking at radiator covers from SS Inserts

SS inserts

Thanks for the compliment

Andrew

Definitely a good ideas just don't know if I want the plain one

101070.jpg

or the one with the Shelby logo.

101071.jpg

I am also looking at radiator covers from SS Inserts

SS inserts

Thanks for the compliment

Andrew

Whoa, that one radiator cover with the P-51's is way cool. I don't know where in NC you are, but you should come out to the OBX for the get together next month (weekend of the 10th). There is a thread under the SE forum forum for it.

Whoa, that one radiator cover with the P-51's is way cool. I don't know where in NC you are, but you should come out to the OBX for the get together next month (weekend of the 10th). There is a thread under the SE forum forum for it.

We are near Asheville in the Mountains, are you in the Outer Banks ? If so I hope you did not have an issues this past weekend with Hanna. I will be headed to China on the 9th for 3 weeks, but thanks for the invite,

Take Care,

Andrew

Does Wilwood make a MC with a hose barb from the fluid reservoir to supply brake fluid to the hydraulic clutch? If you look at the OE MC you will see the clutch fluid supply line on the rear drivers side of the fluid reservoir. I could be added to the Wilwood MC I'm sure, but just keep in mind that this would need to be done if you switched out to the Wilwood MC.

Jay

EDIT - You could also add a small seperate reservoir for the clutch fluid.

Does Wilwood make a MC with a hose barb from the fluid reservoir to supply brake fluid to the hydraulic clutch? If you look at the OE MC you will see the clutch fluid supply line on the rear drivers side of the fluid reservoir. I could be added to the Wilwood MC I'm sure, but just keep in mind that this would need to be done if you switched out to the Wilwood MC.

Jay

EDIT - You could also add a small seperate reservoir for the clutch fluid.

Jay

Thanks for the advice and heads up.

Take Care,

Andrew

Archived