TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where to Take a Shelby for Bodywork After Accident

caverlizzie

Good evening. Please forgive me if this is not the right place to ask this question. I'm new to Team Shelby and these forums. About a month ago I bought my first Shelby - a GT - and I love it. Last night some guy crashed into it. I'll eventually be OK; but I'm worried about the Shelby. That car means a lot to me and I really want to make sure it gets properly repaired. How do I make sure that any replacement performance parts are the right ones? I know so little about cars that anyone could replace excellent parts with parts of lesser quality and I would never know. I've done what I can to educate myself on parts specific to Shelby Mustangs; but my knowledge is still at an "amateur" level. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can go or what I should do to make sure that the repairs stay true to the Shelby? I live in the greater DC/VA/WV/PA area; but I'm willing to take it anywhere to make sure the work is done right and the parts are the right parts. Is taking it back to the dealership where I bought it the right thing to do? Thanks for any information any of you can provide. - caverlizzie. :cry:

caverlizzie

I'm on the other side of the country so I have no shop that I can recommend in your area but I would look for a shop that has some sort of certification like I-Car or a similar certification.

Being approved by AAA also is a plus.

Best advice is to get a minimum of three estimates so that you can get a look at the shop and the cars they work on when they are writing your estimate.

Personally I have had bad luck with dealership body shops.

Sorry about your Shelby but take your time and get it repaired right.

Steve

Lizzie, first off welcome to TS. Secondly, I/we are sorry to hear about your accident. I do not live in your neck of the woods, but off the top of my head, you could condider Tasca Ford, as they are an authorized Shelby modification center and the oldest Ford dealer in the United States.

Now please keep in mind that I have no idea how close or far you are to Tasca, but if you are close enough, that would be a good reasource for your car repair.

Good evening. Please forgive me if this is not the right place to ask this question. I'm new to Team Shelby and these forums. About a month ago I bought my first Shelby - a GT - and I love it. Last night some guy crashed into it. I'll eventually be OK; but I'm worried about the Shelby. That car means a lot to me and I really want to make sure it gets properly repaired. How do I make sure that any replacement performance parts are the right ones? I know so little about cars that anyone could replace excellent parts with parts of lesser quality and I would never know. I've done what I can to educate myself on parts specific to Shelby Mustangs; but my knowledge is still at an "amateur" level. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can go or what I should do to make sure that the repairs stay true to the Shelby? I live in the greater DC/VA/WV/PA area; but I'm willing to take it anywhere to make sure the work is done right and the parts are the right parts. Is taking it back to the dealership where I bought it the right thing to do? Thanks for any information any of you can provide. - caverlizzie. :cry:

i have empathy for u. mine had hail damage. hope u find the best people to fix it.

First, Sorry to hear about you misfortune.

If your willing to try a place near Winchester VA PM me and Ill send you the name of a good shop. I have had many cars repaired at this place but none as precious as the Shelby. They do excellent work and I have never had any problems with them. I recommend them to everyone with similar problems and have never heard any complaints in return. Hopefully Ill never need to but in the event I need body work dont on my SGT I know where Ill be taking it.

Sorry to hear about your accident! I can only imagine how you feel. First call your insurance company, and his, to see what your options are. I have no idea what the rules are in WV. Then, if you able to take it where you want, I would look for a body shop known for restorations or work on exotic cars, etc. For example in my area there is a body shop that works with the local auto museum and does all their restoration work. Another near me specializes in expensive cars. Ask friends! Stop in and take a look around. Does the place look organized and well equipped? Does the car making the estimate act as though he understands the history of the car, the importance of it, or does he just act like he's looking at a Ford Focus. When I had a this rock jump out behind me while backing up I went to the place above and I felt like the guy making up the quote felt worse about the car than I did! He talked about how the car would never be left outside and on and on. I knew then he understood how much the car meant to me.

Good luck and be sure to demand ONLY Ford parts and ask for copies of all receipts to be kept for the car's record.

Archived