TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Story Winners are here!!!!!

sharon

OK, I've just calculated the mileage to drive up to the event and I don't think that I'll be driving my baby 2000 miles each way in addition to the wear and tear, so with that being said I will have to fly to the event, it kind of sucks not having my Shelby there but I'd rather not risk driving such a long distance and put me or my car in any sort of mishap. Does any one know besides Midland Airport or El Paso airport where else can I fly in?

I could fly in to any of the major city airports but it will be a longer drive back to them but oh well....I do not know my way around there so any information will be greatly appreciated.

Another question, so will the event be all done on Saturday night or are there more things going to take place on Sunday? I did notice that check out will be on Sunday so I assume all is done on Saturday night.

I guess I need to do my homework as to which Hertz still rents out mustangs or the Shelby GT-H..... :headscratch:

Fordrock1,

San Antonio is your best bet. Better connections and relativly close. Access to I-10. Bea and I are driving our 40th all the way from Ohio. It's already been to Vegas and back. Having pictures of our cars at this event will make the Shelby history books--I'm sure. Regards.

Stuart

OK, I've just calculated the mileage to drive up to the event and I don't think that I'll be driving my baby 2000 miles each way in addition to the wear and tear, so with that being said I will have to fly to the event, it kind of sucks not having my Shelby there but I'd rather not risk driving such a long distance and put me or my car in any sort of mishap. Does any one know besides Midland Airport or El Paso airport where else can I fly in?

I could fly in to any of the major city airports but it will be a longer drive back to them but oh well....I do not know my way around there so any information will be greatly appreciated.

Another question, so will the event be all done on Saturday night or are there more things going to take place on Sunday? I did notice that check out will be on Sunday so I assume all is done on Saturday night.

I guess I need to do my homework as to which Hertz still rents out mustangs or the Shelby GT-H..... :headscratch:

Midland/Odessa is a nice small place to get thru and prolly the easiest. You can take I-20 to Monahans and catch Hwy 18 south down to I-10. I do believe that the Oklahoman caravan is spending Wed. night in Odessa also. You could catch up with them and caravan to Alpine with them on Thurs. morning.

Thanks for the generous offer but our sons 4th birthday is on the 24th and we like to be there in the morning before school as we have to leave 1.55 pm for Houston. We are feeling a bit guilty going away. Otherwise we would have taken your offer. We arrive in Houston on 5.35 PM and if everything goes fast we start driving and sleep along the I10 somewhere after San Antonio. Renting a Mustang is not so easy as Hertz Houston International shows no Mustangs that period.

In the morning we leave for Alpine. When will the caravan leave Alpine. We like to be there before y'all leave.

Patrick

Not a problem. Happy Birthday to your 4 year old :) Any way you can fly into San Antonio or Midland/Odessa? Just a thought. Take your time on I-10 towards San Antonio, esp after dark. Alot of DPS out and they will pull you over going 70. Set the cruise to 69 and you should be fine. Daylight hours they are a bit more lenient. We go that way often as our 2 sons live in SA.

If you would like, I could go out to the airport and check on the Hertzs or another mustang for you. Only 11 miles away. Get a vert, it is a great time of year here now, finally cooling down and the humidity is low. I think most of the Hertz have gone off to auction. Do you need to rent the car from Hertz or will another company with a Mustang do?

Not sure when we are leaving Alpine. This is where the Westers and those from up north are meeting up with us. Keep in contact when you land and we can fill you in. And wait up for you.

Congrats to all 4 winners! :beerchug:

FordRocks1,

PM me if you are interested in staying in Odessa Wednesday night. We have a block of rooms and I don't think they 'll all get filled. Otherwise most hotels sell out on the weeknights due to oil exec's traveling.....

Patrick,

Glad I'll finally get to meet you! There will be at least one Grabber Orange Shelby in attendance, so we'll do our best to make you feel at home :shift:

Right now the Odessa group plans to arrive in Alpine sometime shortly after 10:30 am on Thursday morning. We should be the last group in and when everyone has been accounted for the whole group will head south................. :happy feet:

It might just be me, but anyone else get a chuckle from the fact that Patrick and Astrid will endure a 10.5 hour flight from The Netherlands only to end up at the Holland Hotel in Alpine? :hysterical:

Well what is 10.5 hrs to meet a lot of people we met in LV too. Back then we had a lot of fun so we hope this will be fun too.

Sprint200, you make me feel good as if my own car will be there. Just buy a set of Grabber mirror covers and you will be complete.

We are so excited. :peelout:

:salute: Today we heard that another Dutch soldier died in Afghanistan.

They are stickers for on the back window of the car. I have one on my truck. The large ones are 5 inches long and small ones 3 inches. I have one big one left with yellow ribbon and Dutch flag. And some smaller ones with the camo. I'll bring them.

b_13.jpg

b_13.jpg

Archived