TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I will keep my Shelby GT forever!!

ilmor

1977 I was just out of high school and took a trip to Florda with one thing in mind,buy a rust free Mustang and bring it back to Ohio.To be honest I didn't even know what a Shelby was at that time but I knew I wanted a Mustang.After about a week looking I was about to give up, every car I looked at was more than I could swing.I stopped to talk to a guy at a gas station that had a real nice 69 mach1 and asked him if he knew of any Mustangs for sale.He said no but I know a guy that has a Shelby his dad is making him sell.I went to the guys house and a kid about my age opened the door and said his dad made him tade the Shelby in on a station wagon because he got one to many traffic tickets.So I get to the used car lot and there's the Shelby way in the back of the lot,at first the salesman said he was keeping the car for himself but I managed to talk him out of it for $2400.Had a bad engine from the kid street racing so I don't have the original engine but it's got a solid body. I restored the car myself the next year. Three weeks ago I started a deserving second restoration. As for a comparison I think that would be unfare considering there's 40yrs difference.I will tell you I really injoy the SGT.

Great story ducknut. Thanks for posting.

I saw the '08s parked outside the factory last fall and never dreamed in a million years I'd own an SGT. I had wanted another muscle car for 35 years. I jumped at the opportunity to buy my 2007 brand new last December. It is my weekend driver and cruise night driver. The rest of the time it lives in my 3rd garage bay under a cover. We just turned 3,000 miles at the MCA show in Park City over Labor Day.

I am 57 this year and I plan on keeping my SGT 'til the end of my days, hopefully a long way off. Both of my kids think they each deserve my SGT in my will. I don't know, but I bet cutting it in half will affect the value!

Is this possible...can I do it? I've never felt like doing this with a car before, but I do with this one. What are your intentions? Does anyone plan to keep their's "forever"? Obviously, that will be easier if I am fortunate enough to have it remain a garage queen. Just think how large my post count will be!!! :drool:

I agree, I am a garage queen as well!! But lots of bad weather here!

How could I part with a car that looks this good. And sounds so good. And performs so good. And is a Shelby???

Exactly to the point!

How could I part with a car that looks this good. And sounds so good. And performs so good. And is a Shelby???

You're right 1171, that is one goood looking ride :happy feet:

Jim

Some people might get a GT500 for the hp but you can't beat the looks and handling of the Shelby GT. If you want more hp then put a supercharger on it.It would be cheaper and still have a better looking car. Mine will be easier to keep now since it's paid for.Now it's mod time!I've already got my 6 year old grandson eyeballing my car.It will probably be his someday.There's some faster but none better looking.

Archived