TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traction Control (TCS)

Sorry, if this is somewhere else on here I couldn't find it though.

There's an obvious difference in acceleration with TCS turned off. However, I understand with the handheld tuners there's a setting to permanently turn it off. Is it just off by default then and you can still hit the button to turn it on if needed?

I hear ya. In SO CAL I guess I would prefer to have it off by "default" and turn it on when I feel I needed it as opposed to the other way around.

I believe if you turn it off with a tuner it can't be turned back on with the switch. I'd like to have mine off as default as well.

Well, for $33.99, I've considered trying this little item, available on Ebay...

Traction Control Bypass

He says that once installed, and turned off, it remains off every time until you turn it back on again...I think I would like that...I turn mine off every time I get in...only time I would really consider using it was if the weather was bad or something.

Well, for $33.99, I've considered trying this little item, available on Ebay...

Traction Control Bypass

He says that once installed, and turned off, it remains off every time until you turn it back on again...I think I would like that...I turn mine off every time I get in...only time I would really consider using it was if the weather was bad or something.

Thanks MJ, yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking..... I'm thinking there's got to be an easier way/device though. Basically, this switch just remembers what your last default setting was and passes that to the MCU. I'd hate to wire this whole thing up and then have Diablo/SCT come out with something that does the same thing. Nice find though and if it frustrates me enough I may go for it.

Because when it's "ON" and you're burying your foot into the pedal it's not going to allow the wheels to spin as easily ie lose traction. When it's "OFF" your axle is live and when you mash the pedal there's no interference. Go try a few smokey burnouts in the Wal-Mart parking lot later tonight with it On and then Off and you'll see what I mean.

I don't think that that applies to the Shelby Tune, but I'll send the guy an email and ask him...just to be sure...

Here is the reply I got from the guy offering the "Black Box" on Ebay that remembers your last setting...

If the traction control is still on when you start causing you to turn it off each time I would think it's still working and can use the bypass we offer.

Mike

I'm thinking I may give this thing a shot since it's going to be a while before I can get a S/C installed or any upgraded tune...

Archived