TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tempurature In Terlingua Today

SpeedRacer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rain brings out the good or merely insane drivers.

Rain...Check.

TCS Off...Check.

Flooring it...Check.

Car sideways in every gear...Check.

Catching the guy in front of you going sideways through a cactus on video...Priceless.

Yes. I have my Chasecam's....Bwahahahahaa! :hysterical:

There's a reason I started the Team Shelby Off Road Team.

As they say, we are hunkered down and waiting :( Small wind gusts coming around more frequently now, still sunny but the clouds are building. Looks like the eye will go directly over us in the dark around 3 AM or so :cry: Power outages are inevetible, praying the trees don't do much harm. Tall pines + wind = :censored:

As they say, we are hunkered down and waiting :( Small wind gusts coming around more frequently now, still sunny but the clouds are building. Looks like the eye will go directly over us in the dark around 3 AM or so :cry: Power outages are inevetible, praying the trees don't do much harm. Tall pines + wind = :censored:

Sherri/South Texans,

Please be safe and you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Stuart & Bea

Dubbs,

I think she's riding it out! They don't want the Houstonians on the road.

Stuart

You trying to say the Houstonians can't drive? :hysterical:

This little storm isn't all it's hyped up to be anyways. Friend of mine in Houston said "I won't even get out of bed for a cat 3."

You trying to say the Houstonians can't drive? :hysterical:

This little storm isn't all it's hyped up to be anyways. Friend of mine in Houston said "I won't even get out of bed for a cat 3."

Rick,

No, however, the people in Dallas.... :hysterical::hysterical: I think the people in Galveston would disagree with your assessment of the storm. :nonono:

Stuart

High

79°F

Precip

30%

Wind: E 8 mph

Max. Humidity: 46%

UV Index: 9 Very High

Sunrise: 7:40 AM CT

Avg. High: 95°F

Record High: 105°F (1997)

Partly Cloudy Overnight Low

56°F

Precip

0%

Wind: SW 8 mph

Max. Humidity: 59%

Sunset: 7:58 PM CT

Avg. Low: 68°F

Record Low: 59°F (1979)

Hold me Billy, Im gettin....coolldddd.... :cold:

The bad news is it looks like rain on the 10 day forecast...I may have to break my no driving in the rain rule... :banghead:

I might have to break out the Terlingua jacket! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hi All,

The rain forecasts for out here - Terlingua/Lajitas are always pretty iffy. We are quite far from the nearest forecast center and or radar loop - Midland/Odessa which is about 225 miles distant and forecasts here are always questionable - especially long-term ones.

Additionally, this is big country and a 30% chance of rain here means rain somewhere - not everywhere - it is very spotty and might rain somewhere in the Big Bend, but rarely everywhere. General rains are not common.

Hoping for good weather which is really the norm here.

See everyone soon,

David

Hi All,

The rain forecasts for out here - Terlingua/Lajitas are always pretty iffy. We are quite far from the nearest forecast center and or radar loop - Midland/Odessa which is about 225 miles distant and forecasts here are always questionable - especially long-term ones.

Additionally, this is big country and a 30% chance of rain here means rain somewhere - not everywhere - it is very spotty and might rain somewhere in the Big Bend, but rarely everywhere. General rains are not common.

Hoping for good weather which is really the norm here.

See everyone soon,

David

David,

Thanks for the encouragement. I feel very good about the weather--power of positive thinking. No matter what happens, we'll have a blast and good companionship! Are you going to drive up to Alpine on Thursday am so that you can cruise in with us? Regards & see you on the 25th.

Stuart

David,

Thanks for the encouragement. I feel very good about the weather--power of positive thinking. No matter what happens, we'll have a blast and good companionship! Are you going to drive up to Alpine on Thursday am so that you can cruise in with us? Regards & see you on the 25th.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I had not even considered the option of driving in with the group from Alpine - thank you for asking! If I am able - which means if car transport etc works out I would like that - not sure yet - but appreciate being asked for sure.

We live in a relatively dry and arid environment - it varies allot with elevation, but is still relatively dry overall. The high country - mountains in the center of the park get the most rain with the lower elevations - Lajitas is one - getting the least amounts. I have high hopes after a very wet period recently for us, that we will be dry and beautiful for the event - but yes a good time is sure to be had.

Fingers and toes crossed - and that 30% applies more to the mountains as a rule then the lower Lajitas country - as a rule.

Optomism intact - looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting same.

David

PRESIDIO, Texas -- A levee holding back the swelling Rio Grande River near Presidio is in danger of bursting as the river continues to rise.

Presidio Mayor Lorenzo Hernandez said Tuesday night that the river could top the levee designed for a 25-year flood at any time.

"The levee breaking is our biggest concern. What comes after that we'll have to see," said a tired looking Hernandez, who spent part of Tuesday night answering phone calls at City Hall and listening to news reports of flooding to the south, in neighboring Ojinaga, Mexico.

Archived