TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tune Question?

I ordered my offroad H-pipe for my Shelby GT from Brenspeed. He informed me about a custom tune they have for the SGT. Has anyone installed this and noticed a comparible difference?

I used the Brenspeed tune for about three months up until about two days ago when I switched to the BamaChips Race tune. The Brenspeed tune is real nice especially if you have an auto tranny. PM me if you want any details.

Evan.

• 2 weeks later...

Evan,

Notice you went with the race tune. Did you get three; torque, performance and race? Interested in knowing your thoughts on the three tunes. I'm still on hold waiting to swap the gears to 3:73s. Not real thrilled with the Ford dealer around here so I'm thinking of heading to Valdosta to speak with them.

Evan,

Notice you went with the race tune. Did you get three; torque, performance and race? Interested in knowing your thoughts on the three tunes. I'm still on hold waiting to swap the gears to 3:73s. Not real thrilled with the Ford dealer around here so I'm thinking of heading to Valdosta to speak with them.

Chill, I only bought the race tune. After reading lots of posts on the Bama tunes, it seemed the torque tune was best for low end while the performance tune is best for top end. The race tune covers the whole spectrum. I thought the race tune was going to be too aggresive, but it's really not. It can definitely be used for a daily driven SGT. It really wakes up the car, especially if you have an automatic.

Evan.

Archived