TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch repair

blkGT500nCA

I must rant about my Clutch TSB repair.

Initially when I took my sheby in for FORD to inspect the problem, I must say they where very cooperative. Ordered the parts and scheduled an appointment for the following week. There is where the trouble started.

First I must say that the nearest Ford dealership is apx. 87miles ONE WAY from my house. 174 round trip! I brought my car up to them on a tuesday afternoon at about 1pm. I was told that they would start the disassembly that afternoon and complete the job the following afternoon. FORD's own TSB states that the job takes 7.4 hours. I believe GRABBER watched his mechanic do it in far less time than this.

So on Wednesday at about 3pm I get a call. Yeah my cars done. :shift: NO. They say the job is very complex and unfortunately it won't be done till Thursday. :headscratch::censored:

Thursday afternoon at about 3pm another call. Yeah my cars done. :shift: NO! They say that today when they opened the first box containing all the other boxes. that one of the parts inside was damaged, and would have to order a whole new kit. :censored::censored: I had them button it back up w/ the factory stuff and picked up my car the next day on friday. 174 miles round trip :banghead:

Next week. New box..... Good parts.. Another appointment..... Another 174 good ol miles. Take the car in on Wednesday afternoon at about 5pm. They assure me that this will be a 1 day thing this time, and promised the car back by 5pm on Thursday.

Thursday afternoon I get a call. Yeah my cars done. :shift: No! No! No! They say the job is very complex and unfortunately it won't be done till Friday. :banghead::censored::cry:

Friday afternoon I get a call. Yeah my cars done. GUESS :censored: ING WHAT????? NOOOOOO! All I remember from this last conversation is not till Saturday morning.

W T F

this always seems to be my luck.

Good ol Harper Ford in Eureka, CA.

I certanally can't address the specifics about what your dealer is telling you, but if it makes you feel any better, the FULL TSB is a two day job. Grabber's dealer only did the Flywheel and Clutch portion of the TSB and that is indeed a one day repair.

For what it's worth, my TSB repairs took two full work days.

My car was in for over a week waiting on parts. Then the job itself was a two day affair. The 7.4 hrs is a conservative estimate. The dealer has another "All Data Labor Guide" that puts the labor at 10.9 hrs. Drop the car off and have them give you a loaner. I wouldn't count on service of this kind ever getting done in one day.

Both of my cars were 2 day jobs. I'm now getting them redone with Spec Stage 2 clutches and flywheels so I quit dicking around with the crap Ford is giving us.

While the Master Tech at my dealership did have experience with GT500 clutches, he had never opened up a TR6060. So instead of just "winging" it, he got the book out. That kind of slows things down, but it gets done right!

He said he had 14 hours in my full TSB work, over a three day span. That didn't bother me much because we were having a monsoon that week :hysterical:

FORD's own TSB states that the job takes 7.4 hours. I believe GRABBER watched his mechanic do it in far less time than this.

I have only watched and timed the Tranny, clutch, flywheel, and pilot bearing swap out. My tranny already was replaced with the brand new revised one with the new parts in it, and since there was only a few hundred miles on it, and I was not having any symptoms my tranny did not have to be cracked open. This advice came from a *very* reliable friend indeed.

The work stated above takes 3-1/2 hours to do by a SR. Master Tech.

I just wish they would have said it was a two day job. But the continue to say it is one day. I appreciate that they didn't put in parts that may have been damaged.

But when I brought in my car the second time. I was specifically told we will do this in one day this time. Maybe the people up front shouldn't make promises that the mechanics in the back would not have.

tomorrow tomorrow i'll love her tomorrow. it's only a day away.

Jeez, are all these cars 2007 models? My '08 was built sometime in Oct '07 i believe and i'm not having any trans problems to date.

What problems are you guys experiencing that makes you bring it in?

Hiss noise? I have it only when depressing the clutch.

Clutch chatter? I think i had that happen to me a few times. I strike it up as "pilot" error

Grinding gears? Nope, never had that happen

Missed gears? Yup. Again, pilot error whilst racing.....happened 3x i think.

Please share some of your symptoms that prompted you to bring it in.

Jeez, are all these cars 2007 models? My '08 was built sometime in Oct '07 i believe and i'm not having any trans problems to date.

What problems are you guys experiencing that makes you bring it in?

Hiss noise? I have it only when depressing the clutch.

Clutch chatter? I think i had that happen to me a few times. I strike it up as "pilot" error

Grinding gears? Nope, never had that happen

Missed gears? Yup. Again, pilot error whilst racing.....happened 3x i think.

Please share some of your symptoms that prompted you to bring it in.

yeah - it kinda starts that way. you do the 1st-2nd grind thinking you didn't get the clutch fully out. you eventually realize you do have the pedal to the floor, you're just shifting faster than the cltuch can get off the input shaft.

I'm dropping my car off to have the tsb taken care of on the 15th, I've already had the trans and clutch replaced, while its in there I'm having the frpp shorty headers installed he also mentioned they have a new exhaust out for my car and would show me when I drop the car off, they'll also detail for me and they'll deliver the car back to me, great service white glove all the time.

WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?WTF!?

W T F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived