TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fire Extinguisher Mount

I thought I'd post some pics and get some feedback on how I decided to mount my fire extinguisher. I've seen a couple other mounting ideas but the thought of drilling holes in my SGT gives me the shivers. I mounted the extinguisher to the passenger seat adjustment bar with 3/8 inch rubber insulated clamps and SS hardware (see pics). So far there is no problem with either using the adjustment or the movement of the seat and it is comfortably out of the way when seated (according to my wife).

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

That’s freaking cool……….. Where did you purchase the hardware and the chrome fire extinguisher?

Bought the extinguisher on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROME-FIRE...d=p4506.c0.m245

The hardware from my local Do It Center, they carry a great selection of nuts and bolts, chrome, SS, black, etc.

Great Idea! That is where I will mount mine.

I got my chrome Halon extinguisher at aircraft spruce.

Aircraft Spruce Website

Would highly suggest the Halon. More expensive but have you ever actually seen what a traditional fire extinguisher discharge leaves behind in your engine compartment? Even Grabber would lose his mind trying to clean up that mess. :hysterical: My two cents.

Jim

Would highly suggest the Halon. More expensive but have you ever actually seen what a traditional fire extinguisher discharge leaves behind in your engine compartment? Even Grabber would lose his mind trying to clean up that mess. :hysterical: My two cents.

Jim

Ha Ha, yeah, I was thinking the same thing...Halon is the only way to go in a car...especially a Shelby!!!

Great Idea! That is where I will mount mine.

I got my chrome Halon extinguisher at aircraft spruce.

Aircraft Spruce Website

Thanks for the tip. I ordered one from them and it arrived today. One serious piece of work. Sure hope I only have to use it to save someone else's car.

Jim

Thanks for the tip. I ordered one from them and it arrived today. One serious piece of work. Sure hope I only have to use it to save someone else's car.

Jim

I'm glad you got your extinguisher! I hope you never have to use it.

Tim

Archived