TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can someone explain what this is?

mywickedshelby

That is a GT that has the CS fascia. The stripes are available as accessories as are the Ford Racing Decals. The FRPP catalog has a list of all the goodies to build your GT into something they call a FR500 (Ford Racing 500). It also has 1/4 window scoops and a (bullitt?) grill. Although I can't read it, I bet the door stripe says "Ford Racing".

"someone"?

Its a Ford Racing Product, with our "exclusive" PBF badges!

They were only exclusive to us and those willing to pay $300+ to the Ebay seller that managed to get several sets. My theory is this a project car built to highlight Ford Racing components and the builder bought or acquired a set of the PBF fender badges. It certainly isn't the first project car with the badges. West Coast Customs built a supercharged Foose car that also had "our" badges.

Yeah, and there's also a 2006 GT Stang running around West Los Angeles that has gold GT-H stripes and the PBF badges on it too. That car was sold through Galpin Ford and they were the ones that modded it that way before SAI and FoMoCo pulled the plug on the PBF badging off the general market. Rumor is that car and a purple with lavender striped GT500 got Galpin's tit in a wringer with both companies. Yes, I said purple (very close to the color in the 2010 mustang banner at the top of this page) with lavender LeMans stripes.

Rumor is that car and a purple with lavender striped GT500 got Galpin's tit in a wringer with both companies. Yes, I said purple (very close to the color in the 2010 mustang banner at the top of this page) with lavender LeMans stripes.

Should sell well in West Hollywood!

:happy feet:

I spoke to ford racing its one of their older cars. It is a mustang with their upgrades, it does have the "powered by Ford" because all their cars with their engines do.

Hope this helps

Amy

There is even a 2007 GT 500 that has been modified with Ford Racing upgrades in the 2007 Shelby Annual Magazine (that came with our Team Shelby memberships or was available at the magazine rack).

This 2007 GT 500 performance white coupe had the Powered By Ford emblems on the fenders instead of the Tiffany Cobras. Now that should have all the SGT owners up in arms claiming the GT 500 is only a "poser". :hysterical:

Archived