TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rusty exhaust tips

Tony what's the outcome on the exhaust tips?? I haven't seen anything on mine yet..keep us posted.

I tried to clean them up - the rust came off but they are still discolored. I'm out of town and will try to contact FRPP next week. I'll wait to call the dealer until after I get the verdict from FRPP.

• 4 weeks later...

Follow up: I took it to the dealer before the Garden of the Gods breakfast run hoping to get an oil change, and showed them. I had tried to polish them up but just won't clean up totally. He hmmm'd and haa'd about how the F150 tips aren't covered for this, and I told him they were the FRPP mufflers. He then told me to send pics (which I'm gathering now, now that my computer is back together again), and along with the stripes/hood scoop on the other car, hope to get both fixed at approximately the same time. I'll make a case to get both sets of tips replaced since they were done at the same time I'd expect the same failure with some high probability.

Follow up: I took it to the dealer before the Garden of the Gods breakfast run hoping to get an oil change, and showed them. I had tried to polish them up but just won't clean up totally. He hmmm'd and haa'd about how the F150 tips aren't covered for this, and I told him they were the FRPP mufflers. He then told me to send pics (which I'm gathering now, now that my computer is back together again), and along with the stripes/hood scoop on the other car, hope to get both fixed at approximately the same time. I'll make a case to get both sets of tips replaced since they were done at the same time I'd expect the same failure with some high probability.

For the record and those inclined to allocate this to SAI: I do not believe the muffler tips is a SAI issue, but a FRPP parts issue.

Archived